Burstner front (grill) logo (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

GGeest

Free Member
Feb 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Freedom
For the second time in one year the front logo has cracked. Are there other customers who had this problem? The camper company told me it is a common issue which I have to deal with. Our camper Burstner Nexxo Van 569 was build in 2021 and has warranty untill summer 2023.

IMG-3251.jpg

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
My grill badge is starting to crack & peel again. I was going to take it off and paint it, however someone on the Burstner facebook group said Burstner are replacing them for free. Contacted local dealer and sent in a photo of the sun damage. Picking up a new grill badge tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
My grill badge is starting to crack & peel again. I was going to take it off and paint it, however someone on the Burstner facebook group said Burstner are replacing them for free. Contacted local dealer and sent in a photo of the sun damage. Picking up a new grill badge tomorrow.
My replacement badge (fitted Feb 2024) is doing the same thing. Does your new badge differ to the old one? Do you think this replacement is going to be an improvement?

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
My replacement badge (fitted Feb 2024) is doing the same thing. Does your new badge differ to the old one? Do you think this replacement is going to be an improvement?
Looks the same TBH. The girl at CamperUk said if it goes again Burstner will replace again FoC.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
Are you on the Burstner owners Facebook group? There are loads of people on there with this issue.A common problem. I am on my 3rd in 3 years. Surprisingly I got my 3rd badge out of warranty by contacting Burstner Germany direct. It was annoying that they wouldn't send it directly to me. I had to pick it up from Camper UK - or pay postage to Camper UK

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Are you on the Burstner owners Facebook group? There are loads of people on there with this issue.A common problem. I am on my 3rd in 3 years. Surprisingly I got my 3rd badge out of warranty by contacting Burstner Germany direct. It was annoying that they wouldn't send it directly to me. I had to pick it up from Camper UK - or pay postage to Camper UK
No I don't do Facebook. I'm assuming the new ones from Burstner have the same issue so I'm looking for an alternative. Are there any suggestions for alternative badges?

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
My after marketone looks as good as the day I put it on. It’s true that is not the end of the world if it fails off, but for a so called quality van these things should not happen. I am more concerned that my vans garage doors were not fitted withe the inner seal just the outer one after getting nowhere with the dealer wrote directly to Burstner have now fitted them. The result is the van is now waiting authority to repair damp in the boot. Which well may not have happened if the seals had been fitted in the first place. This will require 2 x 350 round trips to have it repaired.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
My after marketone looks as good as the day I put it on. It’s true that is not the end of the world if it fails off, but for a so called quality van these things should not happen. I am more concerned that my vans garage doors were not fitted withe the inner seal just the outer one after getting nowhere with the dealer wrote directly to Burstner have now fitted them. The result is the van is now waiting authority to repair damp in the boot. Which well may not have happened if the seals had been fitted in the first place. This will require 2 x 350 round trips to have it repaired.
Where did you get the aftermarket one? I agree that the badge is of little importance. From a branding point of view if you cannot get a badge right it leads one to wonder what else they got wrong. It just annoys me when I see a flaky badge on my £70K van.
My garage doors have both seals, but I have had an issue with them leaking. I have thus far been unable to get it fixed and have resolved to just live with the problem and enjoy the van while I can.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
You can adjust the height of the rear doors it is more important they are up high enough I found the water gets in when it runs down the side of the van and comes in over the top seal.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
You can adjust the height of the rear doors it is more important they are up high enough I found the water gets in when it runs down the side of the van and comes in over the top seal.
Thanks. Its happened once driving in heavy rain on a motorway with lots of spray.

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
690G Burge, same as yours :)
Will have a look at ours tomorrow , not really noticed if I have 2 seals, there is a Black Seal on the Door itself & I think a White clip on Surround on the Van Aperture , have you a pic of yours ? Sorry not didn't mean to Hijack this Thread 👎

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Will have a look at ours tomorrow , not really noticed if I have 2 seals, there is a Black Seal on the Door itself & I think a White clip on Surround on the Van Aperture , have you a pic of yours ? Sorry not didn't mean to Hijack this Thread 👎
There is a black rubber seal around the inside of the garage doors and a black rubber seal around the garage door frame so they both meet when the doors are closed. My van is in storage, so no photo but I can post one in the future. My van is a Burstner Lyseo 690G registered in 2023.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
This is my van IEXO 726 A Class (2019) without the outer seal and a picture kindly posted by Smilsey of what the outer seal looks like. Having mentioned it previously at annual damp check no comment was made other than thats how they come and fed up soaking up water in the boot I even made a small drain hole where it tended to collect when parked on the drive at our holiday cottage. Having no support from the dealer I wrote directly to Burstner and they graciously offered to supply the seals as a goodwill gesture. But having found damp in the boot at the last damp check we are now waiting to hear re repairs. So that will mean 2 x 350 round trips to take and collect it. Something that probably could have been avoided if the seals had been fitted in the first place. Why make the seals but not fit them !!

1725096895004.jpeg

1725096928341.jpeg

Upvote 0

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Mohotel Adventures on YT has a 690G and fitted an extra garage seal which he purchased (8mtrs of) while in Germany. I tried his part number but that did not return anything. May be worth a look at his video which is in his playlist.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
There is a black rubber seal around the inside of the garage doors and a black rubber seal around the garage door frame so they both meet when the doors are closed. My van is in storage, so no photo but I can post one in the future. My van is a Burstner Lyseo 690G registered in 2023.

Ours is a 2016 reg Nov on a 69 plate & this is what ours looks like 👍

20240831_133228.jpg

20240831_133202.jpg

20240831_133149.jpg

20240831_133209.jpg

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
Mohotel Adventures on YT has a 690G and fitted an extra garage seal which he purchased (8mtrs of) while in Germany. I tried his part number but that did not return anything. May be worth a look at his video which is in his playlist.
Googled it come up with this....

Upvote 0

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
Noticed Jof's on ' Mohotel ' has got a Black Seal around his Aperture where ours being the same Model Yr as his has a Black Seal ??

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back