Bump stops on 2008 peugeot boxer (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
Had back wheel off today to measure up the rear discs so i know im ordering the right size.
Ive decided ( well Andrea decided) that im replacing the shockers and bump stops as well.
How are the bump stops held in? Are they bolted up through the middle of the rubber or from the top?
Cheers?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Looks like the rubber part is bonded to a steel disc which has a stud welded to it. Probably just screws into a threaded hole ? Big pair of pipe grips might be needed ?
Screenshot_2024-07-11-17-24-55.png

OP
OP
dazandandrea
Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
I did notice the edge of the retaining plate has a castelated edge , thinking a chain type filter removal tool might work .
Do you think it might be worthwhile doing a write up of the jobs fir reference on here?

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I recently replaced mine. The new one's came in two parts, seeing this I decided to see if I could seperate the bump stop on the vehicle and use the existing Base. This idea would of worked fine but in the process of removing the old rubber the base started to turn so I changed the complete item. The rubber is just a push fit so if you have problems this may work for you.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
On my 09 they unscrewed really easy without issue. So they aren’t all difficult
My previous 2007's bump stops were mashed... replaced them with semi air. The old stops spun off pretty easily. Chisel in the notch and a mild tap with a hammer got them started.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back