Briefcase Charcoal BBQs - has anyone used one and what are the results like? (1 Viewer)

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
The Caravan and Camping club mention this BBQ in their magazine

Has anyone used one of these (or the similar ones available elsewhere). As I'm now a single camper, the small size is an advantage for me, but do they actually give good cooking results?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I have something similar, it folds flat and works well and it's lasted years, I even got a battery powered rotisserie and roasted a chicken over it.

This is my one.

Direct Designs - Notebook Folding Grill - Portable Picnic BBQ with Chrome Plated Cooking Grid (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RBCDXV8/?tag=mhf04-21

Reactions: dna
Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I used to have a similar briefcase bbq, it had a cast iron base and was very efficient. The only downside was carrying charcoal and disposing of the ash. Now moved to a small portable camping gaz which works well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
The Caravan and Camping club mention this BBQ in their magazine

Has anyone used one of these (or the similar ones available elsewhere). As I'm now a single camper, the small size is an advantage for me, but do they actually give good cooking results?

We use something similar as we prefer charcoal to gas.

The biggest issue with them is the lack of height adjustment meaning stuff can cook well on the outside but not the inside. I create two zones at either end where one end receives indirect heat. It works for two but is a struggle if cooking for more if we have visitors, so the oven gets pressed into use to keep stuff warm.

For a single camper like yourself this won't be a problem I don't think.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back