Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 6, 2014
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer BC584 Classic
Exp
Since 2011
Nationwide flex plus are increasing their charges to £18/month. This gives me breakdown insurance for both my motorhome and car. Can anyone recommend breakdown insurance which offers better value?

OP
OP
spongebob
Feb 6, 2014
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer BC584 Classic
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for all your comments. Looks like Mayday will be good for me. My wife suffered a stroke in Spain last year so she doesn’t want to go abroad again.
(Flex plus travel insurance was brilliant though and paid for flight and medical team to accompany her back to the UK and paid for the ferry Spain to UK for me and Motorhome.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Mayday Personal cover.
Jev, am I right in thinking that you are not intending to travel into Europe in your ARV?

At 8.5m we are covered in the UK via the Nationwide, but not abroad, so I'm looking for alternative cover, now that the SAGA 3 x year MH specific deal is coming to an end soon.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Jev, am I right in thinking that you are not intending to travel into Europe in your ARV?

At 8.5m we are covered in the UK via the Nationwide, but not abroad, so I'm looking for alternative cover, now that the SAGA 3 x year MH specific deal is coming to an end soon.

Cheers,

Yes Mayday is only UK as far as I know

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thanks for all your comments. Looks like Mayday will be good for me. My wife suffered a stroke in Spain last year so she doesn’t want to go abroad again.
(Flex plus travel insurance was brilliant though and paid for flight and medical team to accompany her back to the UK and paid for the ferry Spain to UK for me and Motorhome.)
That's the thing that might keep us with nationwide. We've got a claim going through at the moment if it goes through no hassle it will make us think about staying even if it costs slightly more the only time you find out if insurance is any good is when you're claiming

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Europe-wide accident and breakdown insurance is extraordinarily cheap if you add it to your Comfort insurance policy.

Been using that now for 9 years.
But do they include health insurance?? BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

Cheers,

Thought Nationwide Flexi Plus covered up to I.5 mtrs 7.5 tonne in Europe.BUSBY

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
No they don’t , we are with Comfort but have a very old Lloyds Premier account for health. It initially sounds expensive but there are very few exclusions and that’s what counts as we get older ! 62 day trips worldwide incl cruises, up to age 80. No longer available. Fingers crossed they don’t withdraw it.

Technically we have Fiat Assist as it’s a brand new van but we transferred the old policy over from Comfort and it still had 8 months to go of the breakdown.

Sep 22, 2020
Beaumont-cum-Moze
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Burford
Exp
A class American RVs and C class over 50 years
Whoops Teach me not to keep up🫢 Thanks Spriddler
Nationwide has lost the plot upped there charge from £13to£18 and changed the insurance company from someone charging £230 for 90day extentoin to there new insurance company AXA who want £887 for 90day extention.I used to like My Nationwide account and for that matter AXA but not anymore.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Nationwide has lost the plot upped there charge from £13to£18 and changed the insurance company from someone charging £230 for 90day extentoin to there new insurance company AXA who want £887 for 90day extention.I used to like My Nationwide account and for that matter AXA but not anymore.
They charged me £260 but only for 44 days..79 and 72 year old.Cant find anything cheaper. And have had £100 payment off them two years on the trot.BUSBY.

Feb 18, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
My partner is 84. No one keen to insure for more than 2 weeks abroad. Axa do health and breakdown insurance for the duration of your stay if you go through Tunnel. Just got back from France and it cost, for us both, £169 for up to 90 days.
That was for health and you just had to be fit to travel at time of insurance. Breakdown abroad was with Caravan Guard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back