Breakdown Insurance (13 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 25, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i564
Exp
Some advice learned the hard way, don’t choose on cost or association alone; really kick the tyres on the provider’s performance. We signed up for the breakdown recovery offered by our insurers, Comfort, chosen for their good reputation. This proven to be a BIG mistake, their recovery partner took over 50 hours to recover us after a clutch failure at Berlin. It was one of the worst customer service experiences I’ve had. Put simply don’t ever think of using Call Assist. They lack the necessary organisational competency to provide the service they are offering. Just don’t!

A final thought, there is a world of difference between breakdown recovery providers and those providing breakdown insurance. The latter just want to minimise the cost.

Aug 25, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i564
Exp
Europe-wide accident and breakdown insurance is extraordinarily cheap if you add it to your Comfort insurance policy.

Been using that now for 9 years.
Great providing you don’t need to use them - see above.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Some advice learned the hard way, don’t choose on cost or association alone; really kick the tyres on the provider’s performance. We signed up for the breakdown recovery offered by our insurers, Comfort, chosen for their good reputation. This proven to be a BIG mistake, their recovery partner took over 50 hours to recover us after a clutch failure at Berlin. It was one of the worst customer service experiences I’ve had. Put simply don’t ever think of using Call Assist. They lack the necessary organisational competency to provide the service they are offering. Just don’t!

A final thought, there is a world of difference between breakdown recovery providers and those providing breakdown insurance. The latter just want to minimise the cost.
That's interesting and totally different to my experience in France, they were out in about an hour and a half, unfortunately the recovery driver was quite young and inexperienced, but after couple of hours I was recovered to a Mercedes main dealer, they couldn't repair the van for a week so the recovery insurance team found me a hotel nearby and paid for all but one day of my stay, so the negatives were a young and inexperienced recovery driver and the French Mercedes main dealer not being able to do the job quickly (and being expensive). I don't know if Comfort have changed their provider or have a different one for Germany but my experience was acceptable.

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Europe-wide accident and breakdown insurance is extraordinarily cheap if you add it to your Comfort insurance policy.

Been using that now for 9 years.
Great providing you don’t need to use them - see above.

See my post #21. Very pleased.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back