Breakdown cover for > 3.5t and > 8m (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
pilote diamond 783
Exp
2 years
Has anyone sourced european breakdown cover for vehicles that fall out of the norm. Currently covered by AA via Nationwide however as the next van falls outside the limits and insurance company may not have a packaged breakdown I am seeking to arrange direct ?

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Comfort provide cover 8.6m and 5400kg although I'm not clear if you need their insurance cover to obtain it.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
How was that sourced Martin and what are the limits / costs
We first took it out at one of the Warners motorhome shows, thinking about it the unlimited size and weight thing is arrival through the CAMC, the second year the price went up considerably but we then had a new van with IVECO breakdown cover so didn't bother renewing, renewed again but sorry can't remember price.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
royw
Feb 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
pilote diamond 783
Exp
2 years
We first took it out at one of the Warners motorhome shows, thinking about it the unlimited size and weight thing is arrival through the CAMC, the second year the price went up considerably but we then had a new van with IVECO breakdown cover so didn't bother renewing, renewed again but sorry can't remember price.
so the latest is just a renewal from iveco not one you sourced seperately?

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
so the latest is just a renewal from iveco not one you sourced seperately?
Sorry for late reply and confusion, we have been with RAC arrival through CAMC for the last two years since the IVECO warranty ran out.

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
Are you sure ours is with camping and caravan club called arrival or do both clubs now use the RAC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
royw
Feb 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
pilote diamond 783
Exp
2 years
Not as far as I am aware that is the camc one for the UK
so yes i see its arrival with rac on caravanning and camping club and red pennant on camc not sure who is behind red pennant. but as the RAC seems to get a constant hammering any opions which is the better?

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
Renfrew Scotland
Funster No
MH
kontiki sport
Exp
20 years tugging .5 years MOH.
We tried RAC.and AA directly for European breakdown cover, wouldn’t touch us as we are over 7meters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
We tried RAC.and AA directly for European breakdown cover, wouldn’t touch us as we are over 7meters.
Cut & paste from nationwide flex plus account covered by AA

Weight and size restrictions (including any load carried) We cover vehicles highlighted in
section 1 of these vehicle terms and conditions providing that they comply with the limitations and
vehicle type, weight and size restrictions, and other conditions as set out below. The trailer, caravan
and its load must also comply with the size and weight restrictions below, or unfortunately the AA
will be unable to recover your property.
• Maximum vehicle weight: 3.5 tonnes (3500kgs) gross vehicle laden weight
• Maximum Vehicle Weight for Motorhomes ONLY: 7.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight
• Maximum vehicle length: 8m (26.2ft)*
• Maximum vehicle width: 2.55m (8ft 3in)

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
My coachman travelmaster is listed at 8.03 mtrs and they came out and recovered me to merc dealer after service and leaving fuel filter loose.

Ringing the AA was problematic as they didn't know there own terms and conditions. I asked to speak to supervisor and directed them to specific paragraph.

Sorry, we will get at patrol out to you was the response. Patrol didn't have filter housing, so got recovered by walls recovery truck who were commercial recovery as well as cars.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back