Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
In February, having had the MH for five years, I had the front discs and pads changed by Adam Morey in Portsmouth. In June, I had the rear pads changed. The rear discs were fine.

This summer, we were coming down the Simplon Pass into Switzerland, when roadworks on a blind bend forced me to a screeching halt. Cue smell of smoking brakes from the front passenger side. We pulled over and waited for them to cool. As we pulled off, the brakes were working normally. Then the brake pad warning light came on.

As the brakes were working perfectly well, we carried on cautiously. No problems, except this light stayed on. We are now home, but I am wondering why it is still on. These are new brakes, only a thousand miles from new. What could cause the light to come on and stay on?

Thanks very much.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Check sensor wire for corrosion or breaks. I had the same couple of years ago in Grece, pulled in first petrol station and jacked up each wheel for visual inspection. Pads newly fitted by me before we left UK. On driver side front, a stone or more, broke the sensor wire near the caliper. I have joined it back by peeling off the insulator, and re insulated with electrical tape. Job done đź‘Ť

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back