Boxer engine cover (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Does anyone know the proper name for the felt cover that goes over the engine in a 2019 2.0 Hdi blue Boxer?
It's missing from my van and my local mechanic has pointed out that the top of the injectors are getting wet.
I've tried searching for engine cover online but can't find anything...
Thanks!

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
About £70 on eBay.Just use a piece of thick polythene,however if the scuttle panel is doing it's job and it's drains are clear you shouldn't have water under the bonnet
It is most likely the well known problem of scuttle to windscreen not sealing

OP
OP
T
Apr 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
About £70 on eBay.Just use a piece of thick polythene,however if the scuttle panel is doing it's job and it's drains are clear you shouldn't have water under the bonnet
It is most likely the well known problem of scuttle to windscreen not sealing
The scuttle drain was blocked and my mechanic has been sorting the various issues that caused. He just pointed out that the cover was missing was suggested looking for a new one...

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
How about off a scrapper that’s had a rear end shunt?

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
The scuttle drain was blocked and my mechanic has been sorting the various issues that caused. He just pointed out that the cover was missing was suggested looking for a new one...
A good way to see if scuttle to screen is leaking ..pur a bit of kitchen towel on top of engine and wait for rain or use hose to spray screen .Mine is 2020 low miles and leaked like a bottomless bucket

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back