Bourghetto sul Mincio, Italy - What A Beautiful Place!

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Today, we're staying at Bourghetto sul Mincio in Italy. What a beautiful place!! There are 3 places to stay with MHs, although we're in a villa. Number One has really bad ratings, Number Two is at the end of car / coach park and looks great (big enough spaces and very clean services) and Number Three is a barriered camp site.

It's totally made for walkers, cyclists and motorbikers. There's a cycle hire, too. Beautiful castle, old mill and river, with walks and cycle paths. Loads of cafes and restaurants, some right by the river, and shops, too. Very dog friendly :)

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. I can't often posts of places for MHs, so didn't want to miss this opportunity :)

1728144716028.png

1728144514561.png

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Today, we're staying at Bourghetto sul Mincio in Italy. What a beautiful place!! There are 3 places to stay with MHs, although we're in a villa. Number One has really bad ratings, Number Two is at the end of car / coach park and looks great (big enough spaces and very clean services) and Number Three is a barriered camp site.

It's totally made for walkers, cyclists and motorbikers. There's a cycle hire, too. Beautiful castle, old mill and river, with walks and cycle paths. Loads of cafes and restaurants, some right by the river, and shops, too. Very dog friendly :)

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. I can't often posts of places for MHs, so didn't want to miss this opportunity :)

View attachment 961062

View attachment 961061
Good to hear your having a positive experience even if it's not in the van

• Thanks
Reactions: HKF
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I was there in September after first visiting in 2018, it is a beautful little village but gets invaded by coach parties unfortunately.
Theres a great cycle ride along the river to Peschiera

I stayed on No2 Aire this year and it was excellent
In 2018 I was on the campsite which was also good, and full of huge Morelo's and Concord's with sports cars in the garage.
They made my Hymer look like a toy :rofl:

IMG_20240915_185137647_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240915_185256423_HDR (1).jpg

• Nice One!
Reactions: HKF
OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Good to hear your having a positive experience even if it's not in the van

Thank you! :) It is a rarity, isn't it? This trip has been really nice, though, even if the rain did follow us all the way from home to Italy! We had a lovely meal earlier, sat outside, people watching, and had a nice walk along the river, with beautiful views all around. The villa we're staying in is very peaceful, with lots of space. It's an old building but renovated in a modern style and very comfortable. It's a shame the pool is too cold to use! We're here all day tomorrow (when the sun is due to be out again!) and leave on Monday to wind our way back home. I feel really relaxed and happy at the moment :)

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I was there in September after first visiting in 2018, it is a beautful little village but gets invaded by coach parties unfortunately.
Theres a great cycle ride along the river to Peschiera

I stayed on No2 Aire this year and it was excellent
In 2018 I was on the campsite which was also good, and full of huge Morelo's and Concord's with sports cars in the garage.
They made my Hymer look like a toy :rofl:

View attachment 961106View attachment 961107

Yes, there were a couple of coach parties here today and it was a little busy, but not overly so. To say there were so many people, I was surprised at how litter-free it was.

We parked in Number Two today, down near the MHs, as we're in a minibus (just the two of us and our little dog but lots of equipment in the back!). We had a walk around the MH bit and it seemed quite nice. There were two ladies cleaning the toilet/shower/washing up block and one was scrubbing the door down to within an inch of its life!! It all looked very, very clean.

Tomorrow, we're back at the show in Brescia, before taking another walk along the river later on :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back