Booked in for major power fit, have I missed anything?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
IMG_0237.jpeg
IMG_0237.jpeg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You need more solar…😎
Agree, we have 460ah of Lithium & 350 watts of solar and it's nowhere enough going to have to fit another 200 watts still probably not enough but no more roof space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Agree, we have 460ah of Lithium & 350 watts of solar and it's nowhere enough going to have to fit another 200 watts still probably not enough but no more roof space.
We got 550, but ran out of space - too many hatches etc. Also worried about the weight on the roof......

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
I should have known better but with all the talk of how wonderful today’s Solar controllers , lithium batteries and solar panels that are allegedly more efficient on full days , I bit the bullet and put a 460ah lithium battery and 525 watts of panels on our exhibition trailer ⚠️
Worked fantastically at 2 shows in the height of summer but by September and combined with dull cloudy days it was as much use as a chocolate fire guard ☹️.
Probably better off paying the £200.00 + vat for hook up at shows ⚠️🤬☹️

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I should have known better but with all the talk of how wonderful today’s Solar controllers , lithium batteries and solar panels that are allegedly more efficient on full days , I bit the bullet and put a 460ah lithium battery and 525 watts of panels on our exhibition trailer ⚠️
Worked fantastically at 2 shows in the height of summer but by September and combined with dull cloudy days it was as much use as a chocolate fire guard ☹️.
Probably better off paying the £200.00 + vat for hook up at shows ⚠️🤬☹️
Bit of a different situation with a Motorhome you are driving between destinations so the batteries get topped up with the B2B and if they don't where we are now EHU €2.50.

Found solar a bit poor in the UK this year sky's looked clear but we're hazy hardly noticeable but it really cuts the solar output.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
With all that Victron stuff, I'd consider getting a Cerbo GX or Ekrano controller to monitor and control it all. No need for the VE.Bus Smart Dongle then. Everything can be monitored from the one place, and the settings can be changed there too. Or from the Victron Connect app, if you prefer to use a smartphone app.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back