Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Recently paid my bill at Bonterra Resort and was charged €97 for electricity for 1 month. This was for the use of a low wattage kettle and the fridge in my motorhome, no cooking. They checked it and said it was correct. Moved to Calpe weather warmer and was charged just over €6 for one week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Recently paid my bill at Bonterra Resort and was charged €97 for electricity for 1 month. This was for the use of a low wattage kettle and the fridge in my motorhome, no cooking. They checked it and said it was correct. Moved to Calpe weather warmer and was charged just over €6 for one week.
That will be the fridge, we stayed there for 3 weeks. Fridge on gas, wife drying hair every day and electric kettle. Didn't use the included electric.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

Just a thought. What about the battery charger? Put a light on and the battery charger may kick in and it doesnt go to sleep.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Wow that is heavy use 😳😳

Did 23 nights December / January and it cost about an extra €50 over the included daily allowance. With most things in electric including heating every night.

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys Môn, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
When we were there in March, we were given the option of two rates, a cheaper one with no allowance included or one with 4 kw per day included.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Campsites in Spain are fully aware, that winter visitors use as much electrical appliances as possible....I've seen fan heaters on in awnings 24 hours, because the electricity was included....
Many Spanish vans do not have electric boilers for heat or water, they rely on the cheaper alternative, butane/propane and together with the fridge running in gas this can work out a cheaper option....using the 220v allowance for lighting and keeping the 12v system topped up..

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
As I said only kettle and fridge in use, lighting is 12 volt. After Bonterra, in Calpe we paid just over €6 for one week stay. I must say readings were taken on arrival at Bonterra. Time period for this was May to June.

On one occasion we arrived on our allocated pitch at Bonterra, only to find that someone on another pitch was plugged into my socked when the pitch was empty, I notified reception, but not much notice was taken. Therefore I paid for someone else’s electricity usage. Maybe taking a photo of the supply on arrival would be the answer to any cost query.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
As I said only kettle and fridge in use, lighting is 12 volt. After Bonterra, in Calpe we paid just over €6 for one week stay. I must say readings were taken on arrival at Bonterra. Time period for this was May to June.

On one occasion we arrived on our allocated pitch at Bonterra, only to find that someone on another pitch was plugged into my socked when the pitch was empty, I notified reception, but not much notice was taken. Therefore I paid for someone else’s electricity usage. Maybe taking a photo of the supply on arrival would be the answer to any cost query.
When I have been there they email you the reading on arrival. I also note it at the meter as it’s easy to read and take a photo.
Any discrepancy would be noted on arrival.
When leaving I make a note of the reading and again photo it. Then when paying it’s easy to confirm readings.

If I have found someone plugged into my pitch socket on arrival then that reading is the one I would ensure the site used as the initial reading.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger

Did you not get 4 kw a day free. We worked out the fridge used around 2.5kw a day, which surprised me. Lynns hair dried and heati g the hot water and battery charger put us over 5 kw a day. Switch to gas and used less than 2. I think the cooling unit in the fridge is rated at 250 watts.
Can't wait to be back there in December

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
That seems like a huge amount. I know we only stayed 3 nights but had 4kw per day included. That covered the fridge , kettle etc in May and it was about 27 degrees.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I think that is a huge amount for electric for your use. We use fridge, kettle and electric hotplate and rarely go over 4kw a day. I think you paid for yourself and someone else

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back