Bluetti ac200max power (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
Considering going all electric with my build . My question is do you think it,s feasible to live in your van using the bluetti ac200max power pack? Fitting a compressor fridge and using a air fryer for cooking. Some kind of hot water heater and a few led lights. Fitting 400w solar panel and a lesuire battery as well . Big thank,s in advance

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
No not live year round unless you are going to travel a lot to recharge as 400w of solar in UK winter will barely run a fridge.
Work out what you want to run and for how long calculate ah per day needed and you should be able to answer your own question

OP
OP
L
Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
No not live year round unless you are going to travel a lot to recharge as 400w of solar in UK winter will barely run a fridge.
Work out what you want to run and for how long calculate ah per day needed and you should be able to answer your own questi

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Considering going all electric with my build . My question is do you think it,s feasible to live in your van using the bluetti ac200max power pack? Fitting a compressor fridge and using a air fryer for cooking. Some kind of hot water heater and a few led lights. Fitting 400w solar panel and a lesuire battery as well . Big thank,s in advance

You would have more chance with an Ecoflow product,which charge a lot quicker than Bluetti.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
You need to do some basic calculations to see if the numbers stack up. Very likely they won't.

A big power pack will hold about 2000 watt-hours (2kWh) of energy. An 11kg bottle of LPG will hold 12,800 kWh of energy. That is a massive difference. Heating water and keeping the MH warm in freezing weather takes a large amount of energy. In winter you are lucky if the 11kg bottle lasts a week. So you can see that a power pack will last no time at all.

Of course it depends a lot on your lifestyle. If you shower at a swimming pool or gym every other day your hot water requirement will be a lot less. If you eat out a lot, your cooking requirement will be less too. And if you're out all day hiking or sitting in a pub, or even working, your heating requirement will be low.

But in general, even a massive battery bank won't last very long, and you need to find a way to recharge it anyway.

If you don't want gas, another solution is to fit a diesel heater/water heater, as many do. You can also fit a diesel cooking hob. Diesel is similar to gas in its energy capacity per kilogram. The takeoff pipe from your diesel tank is fitted so that it never takes about the last quarter tank, so you can always start the engine and go for more fuel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L
Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thank s for all your replies, maybe I should look at a couple of Lithium batteries as well ? Can get to main,s charging at least once a week (visiting children) . Next problem is how do I wire my build up to accommodate a power pack. Your fast knowledge is most welcome 🙏

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back