Bluetooth

Likes collected
Funster No
IMG_2746.jpeg
IMG_2746.jpeg

As I’m coming to the end of all my jobs on the outside of the van I need to start getting my head around the electrical side of things, definitely not my strength, so a quick question if I may, the blue smart charger has a Bluetooth symbol on it, should something else be connected to it for me to Bluetooth to it?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
First thing would be to download the Victron app to your phone / tablet. Then search for the device. (y)
You may get asked for a passcode, that should be on the product.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Likes collected
Funster No
Have you done a Bluetooth search on your phone for the charger.
Yes, nothing coming up so wasn’t sure if I needed to press anything or attach a dongle thingymejig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rudski01
Likes collected
Funster No
First thing would be to download the Victron app to your phone / tablet. Then search for the device. (y)
You may get asked for a passcode, that should be on the product.
Thank you, I didn’t realise there was an app, downloaded so I’ll give it a try tomorrow when at the garages 👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
blue smart charger has a Bluetooth symbol on it,
Can be a bit confusing - the 'blue' is nothing to do with Bluetooth, it's the Victron brand colour. The 'smart' means it's got Bluetooth integrated inside it, so should work fine with the Victron Connect app, no extra dongle required.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Likes collected
Funster No
Can be a bit confusing - the 'blue' is nothing to do with Bluetooth, it's the Victron brand colour. The 'smart' means it's got Bluetooth integrated inside it, so should work fine with the Victron Connect app, no extra dongle required.
Thanks, was aware about the branding and could see the B tooth symbol, just wasn’t picking anything up on my phone👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Your installation has a mixture of Victron (the blue stuff), Votronic for the solar and Sterling for the B2B. The Victron components may all be Bluetooth (or not). If they are you can use the free Victron app for readings and settings.

The Votronic components use physical dip switches for the settings. I think they also have an app for readings, if the link and control screen has been fitted (I can't see either of them in the photo).

The Sterling just has dip switches for setting and I don't think they have an app or anything else, but others may know more

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rudski01
Likes collected
Funster No
Your installation has a mixture of Victron (the blue stuff), Votronic for the solar and Sterling for the B2B. The Victron components may all be Bluetooth (or not). If they are you can use the free Victron app for readings and settings.

The Votronic components use physical dip switches for the settings. I think they also have an app for readings, if the link and control screen has been fitted (I can't see either of them in the photo).

The Sterling just has dip switches for setting and I don't think they have an app or anything else, but others may know more
Sorted now thank you👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back