Blinds/ shutters blackout window covers suggestion needed to keep them better in place (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 21, 2021
Silverstream, Tyholland, County Monaghan, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
N00b
Hi

Of course i cannot find the video back but I made thes blinds from that yard signe/ political mug shot materialCut them to window size , clad them with poster glue in black fabric...and it does a very very neat job blacking out
However over time and with storage the got "curved and do not fit as snug

I tried velcro on the window and magnets , but neither works, sometimes it quite the battle to keep them in and you still wak up with one dropped out against the curtain

Any suggestions on how to come up with a better system?
I am thinking spring bolts so it could be clamped?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi

Of course i cannot find the video back but I made thes blinds from that yard signe/ political mug shot materialCut them to window size , clad them with poster glue in black fabric...and it does a very very neat job blacking out
However over time and with storage the got "curved and do not fit as snug

I tried velcro on the window and magnets , but neither works, sometimes it quite the battle to keep them in and you still wak up with one dropped out against the curtain

Any suggestions on how to come up with a better system?
I am thinking spring bolts so it could be clamped?
Suckers! šŸ˜„

Just get some suckers and make a hole in the corners, put the suckers through and you're sorted. This is the sort I'm talking about.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To make the hole for the suckers get some pipe the same or slightly larger than the diameter of the part of the sucker that goes through, cut a length of pipe about 3" and sharpen the end to create a dia punch and use that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back