Bleeding Alde pipe (1 Viewer)

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Hi folks. We are currently making our way back home, and have stopped off in Switzerland for a couple of days. Brilliant valley, including the 007 Golden eye dam. Unfortunately it is cold. No worries, we have a top quality heating system.

However, I have noticed that the Alde system seems to ‘Leak’ from the Automatic Bleed valve. Not just a bit, but as we are driving it seems to drop up to a pint of fluid over the day. When we are parked up for a day it does drop, but very little.

Last year I replaced the Automatic Bleed valve as it was loosing fluid as it sat on the drive.

My question is…..Have I got another valve problem, or has anyone else found this to be an issue with their system?

I should add we have been driving around Italy for three weeks and the state of their roads has caused many rattles and bangs to appear so I am wondering if the heating system has just been shaken too much - I know I have!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I didn’t know / don’t think ours has an automatic valve other than the header tank maybe

What version do you have and how old ?

As ever I would recommend letting Alde sort it, especially if a fluid change is due anyway 👍

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Is your van fitted with an engine loop? If so, try switching it off to isolate that circuit. Otherwise, it should not leak at all, so losing fluid could be grit in the valve

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Blaydon
Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Hi
The system is 3020, and is 5 years old. The Automatic Bleed Valve is next to the boiler and is a brass unit that has a black rubber pipe coming from it that runs through the floor and drains out to ground.
We have the cab heat exchangers but they seem fine.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Blaydon
Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
With regards changing the fluid, the last few weeks has done that all by itself!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2018
Funster No
A problem I had was that the brass ferrule that the bleed valve screws into was cracked and fluid was weeping out that way. One way to stop it is to get a small hose clamp and clamp it off. That will allow you to take the bleed valve off and inspect/replace, but I would look carefully at the brass ferrule. I have already had someone else who had this problem and didn’t know until I pointed out the possible issue.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back