Black tank and National Trust parking NOT ending (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just to avoid confusion with the other thread - I have relented and am continuing to maintain these maps As a number of people have said they find them useful.

So:
Want to empty a Black Tank at ground level - then look
HERE

Want to know where it is safe to park a larger motorhome at a National Trust or EH property (and more importantly - where it is not) then look

HERE

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
You are a star 🌟, well done as it takes a fair bit of effort to do this.

Thank you from us all 👍🏻🐻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Very helpful, thanks.
Has anyone been to Hughenden House in their van?

Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi ceejay.
Have not seen your original thread yet but I will, the replies on most posts always tend to be informative.
Anyway, we are both EH and NT members. Did not know they allowed overnight parking.
Is it free and do You need to inform the staff at the property?
Happy Jack.

Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Anyway, we are both EH and NT members. Did not know they allowed overnight parking.
Is it free and do You need to inform the staff at the property?
Happy Jack.
My mistake ceejay, I hadn't read your post correctly.....still sleepy it's too early for any sense to be had out of me.
I now see it's simply "parking" your post is about.
As it happens we always check on EH and NT websites and Google maps to find out about parking when we're planning a visit.
Happy Jack.

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Not sure if you need suggestions but there is a free black waste disposal point at Burghead, Moray. It's at the harbour outside the public toilets behind a gate.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not sure if you need suggestions but there is a free black waste disposal point at Burghead, Moray. It's at the harbour outside the public toilets behind a gate.
Is that for cassette or black tank, the access doesn’t sound that easy for a tank dump.

May 27, 2018
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer149
That's a fantastic resource, thank you!

I'd add Corfe Castle - we parked in the EH car park a couple of months ago (7.6m A class). There is parking for 4-5 motorhomes / small coaches on the left as you drive in. The staff were a bit miserable (wouldn't let us park in one of the empty spaces but another became free whilst we were hovering) but they sold us a std parking ticket.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
That's a fantastic resource, thank you!

I'd add Corfe Castle - we parked in the EH car park a couple of months ago (7.6m A class). There is parking for 4-5 motorhomes / small coaches on the left as you drive in. The staff were a bit miserable (wouldn't let us park in one of the empty spaces but another became free whilst we were hovering) but they sold us a std parking ticket.

Will be sure to add it to the map

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
We went to Hughenden in Berkshire today which is not on the parking list. The drive up to the main car park is quite small with a steep hill up to it, the exit road is rather twisty. This was not a problem for a 7m motorhome. The car park was ok when we arrived on a Sunday morning, it was somewhat busier in the afternoon. A larger van may be able to park in the bus car park, but I didn't see where that is (but it must have been somewhere before the entry kiosk).

Nov 2, 2022
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65 de
Exp
Too long
Great idea but not having being brought up on windows and I’m now on IOS , how do I save them please.
I am reminded there is no such thing as a dumb question, please help.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I'd add Corfe Castle - we parked in the EH car park a couple of months ago (7.6m A class).

Is that a ground level black dump or a normal raised Elsan dump?

Ian

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Excellent. Sissinghurst has a separate MH parking next to the coach park and should accommodate the 8m vehicles. We're only 7m and plenty of room.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Excellent. Sissinghurst has a separate MH parking next to the coach park and should accommodate the 8m vehicles. We're only 7m and plenty of room.
Is that ground level for black tank dumping?

Not many 8m have black tanks so needs to be over 9m.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back