Black and grey water containers. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
Can I ask what you put into a grey waste wastemaster to clean it and stop nasty smells...also the same for a Thetford toilet cassette...I thought of bleach but wasn't sure if it would affect any seals or indicators...

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
The less cleaning solution, the better for the environment. I never put anything in my waste tank. As for the toilet cassette, I use the blue stuff as I got a job lot years ago otherwise I would use a greener alternative. Never use bleach!

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Puraclean for the waste and green stuff for the loo.

IMG_3783.jpeg

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Couple of suggestions here.............(many more if you use the 'Search' facility).

Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
Can I ask what you put into a grey waste wastemaster to clean it and stop nasty smells...also the same for a Thetford toilet cassette...I thought of bleach but wasn't sure if it would affect any seals or indicators...
we use a couple of cheap bottles of coke a cola in our waste tank then water, it seems to work well, while in storage, flushed out with clean water before use, in our toilet tank we use some washing powder swilled out before use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Dishwasher tablet for the grey tank. Formil Bio washing machine liquid from Lidl in the toilet.
I prefer Surf better scent but do leave a splash of it on the top of the trapdoor

Stealaway

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You need to keep the grey tank disinfected.
I use cheap toilet duck and Zoflora when I'm feeling flushed.:LOL:
Aldi bio washing liquid in the cassette.

Actually it's never occurred to me before but it could be time to try the bio liquid in the grey tank as well :Eeek:

Never use bleach

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along

Actually it's never occurred to me before but it could be time to try the bio liquid in the grey tank as well :Eeek:

Never use bleach
I pour it down plug hole every now and again no set pattern just when I think about it

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Dishwasher tablet for the grey tank. Formil Bio washing machine liquid from Lidl in the toilet.

Also Formil Bio for the loo, also a good standby if you wanted to hand wash someclothes.

Never had an issue with the grey tank but as it was empty the other day and I had half a bottle of Formil and no where to store it I introduced it to the waste tank via the three plug holes. Not emptied yet and will not have a clue if it makes a differece.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Also Formil Bio for the loo, also a good standby if you wanted to hand wash someclothes.

Never had an issue with the grey tank but as it was empty the other day and I had half a bottle of Formil and no where to store it I introduced it to the waste tank via the three plug holes. Not emptied yet and will not have a clue if it makes a differece.
Let us know please

Stealaway

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

Never use bleach
But don't forget to flush out all traces of chemicals before moving onto any bio stuff.
Otherwise it will kill the baby bio bug's immediately

Feb 26, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay PVC
Exp
Since 2010 but ltd experience.
First time cleaning tanks, have put Puri clean in water tank and poured Thetford Grey Water Fresh down sink drains.
How much water to flush grey water solution through? It just says 'flush through' on bottle. Didn't want to dilute pipes at beginning and it all land in the grey water tank. Thanks.

poppycamper

Visiting Coventry
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Solbio for both the cassette and waste water tank....
Was skeptical when I read about Solbio on here, but thought why not let's give it a go..
Well what can I say... IMO much much better than any green, blue or magic lotions and potions for loo I have used in past.. I am a convertđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť
As said above also works on waste tanks..

Feb 26, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay PVC
Exp
Solbio for both the cassette and waste water tank....
Was skeptical when I read about Solbio on here, but thought why not let's give it a go..
Well what can I say... IMO much much better than any green, blue or magic lotions and potions for loo I have used in past.. I am a convertđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť
As said above also works on waste tanks..
Using green eco stuff in cassette for now.
Just just need to know how much water to whoosh ontop of grey water cleaner and thinking of using puticlean water. From tap to drain???

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Surprised no one has mentioned cheap cola, used to be all the rage.

Feb 26, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay PVC
Exp
The 'Thetford concentrated grey tank cleaner: Thetford 30700AK', I mentioned above, stays in the grey tank. It comes out when you empty the tank.
Thanks Treblid, yeh got that bit and off to have a drive and sloosh it around. Do I put a small amount of water in down the drain at the beginning, then fill it up?

Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
Do I put a small amount of water in down the drain at the beginning, then fill it up?
You have to get it into the tank to keep it clean and fresh so just run the tap enough to do that.

We use a bit of the Thetford concentrated stuff after each time we empty the tank in hot weather. Use it less regularly if cool.

It stays in the tank until we need to empty the grey. This product is more a routine maintenance rather than a more aggressive cleaner.

Feb 26, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay PVC
Exp
You have to get it into the tank to keep it clean and fresh so just run the tap enough to do that.

We use a bit of the Thetford concentrated stuff after each time we empty the tank in hot weather. Use it less regularly if cool.

It stays in the tank until we need to empty the grey. This product is more a routine maintenance rather than a more aggressive cleaner.
Ok doke, thank you for that. 🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back