Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
As some will know, earlier this year we had a slight altercation with a petrol pump concrete base in France šŸ«£

A couple of Funsters recommended the following guy, who was also recommended by a nearby Motorhome Service Centre and today he came to do the job.

AutoBody Corrections, a sole trader based in Maidstone. He has no workshop and is completely mobile. Today he spent 6.5 hours repairing the damage for what I consider to be a very good price of Ā£450. I provided a 3m length of skirt and the door collar from Granthamā€™s. (I am left with at least 1m of skirt spare in case we do it again)!

Note that he didnā€™t just replace the parts but also filled in and painted the broken door frame and smoothed off and painted the scours on the door. The collar was particularly tricky because the original would have been fitted before the door frame, which overlaps it and is secured firmly with adhesive.

A really nice guy, conscientious and thorough. It took longer than he expected but despite overrunning for his next job today, he took his time to get it right and cleared up afterwards.

Definitely one to keep in the diary in case of future mishaps.

Before and after photos (Iā€™m gonna hafta polish the rest of the ā€˜van now)!
IMG_8257.jpeg
IMG_8310.jpeg

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2025
Exp
Since 2007
As some will know, earlier this year we had a slight altercation with a petrol pump concrete base in France šŸ«£

A couple of Funsters recommended the following guy, who was also recommended by a nearby Motorhome Service Centre and today he came to do the job.

AutoBody Corrections, a sole trader based in Maidstone. He has no workshop and is completely mobile. Today he spent 6.5 hours repairing the damage for what I consider to be a very good price of Ā£450. I provided a 3m length of skirt and the door collar from Granthamā€™s. (I am left with at least 1m of skirt spare in case we do it again)!

Note that he didnā€™t just replace the parts but also filled in and painted the broken door frame and smoothed off and painted the scours on the door. The collar was particularly tricky because the original would have been fitted before the door frame, which overlaps it and is secured firmly with adhesive.

A really nice guy, conscientious and thorough. It took longer than he expected but despite overrunning for his next job today, he took his time to get it right and cleared up afterwards.

Definitely one to keep in the diary in case of future mishaps.

Before and after photos (Iā€™m gonna hafta polish the rest of the ā€˜van now)!
View attachment 950791View attachment 950792
You just have to be happy with that quality of repair. Lovely job. šŸ‘

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back