Best Snow Foam.... Recommendations please (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Had a search and only one post with little info.. so forgive if this has been asked before...

can anyone recommend one .. perhaps one that a pro. detailer uses that actually works ?

personal recommendations please .. not ... " I know a man who's son uses and swears by it "..

tia

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Auto Glym Polar.
Use it all the time. Leaves a lovely shine.
there are three Polar products ..

Is this Polar Blast .. or Polar Wash

I'm assuming Polar Blast ?

Aug 2, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey SE 76-2T
Exp
Since 2016
Interested how do you use polar blast.
Do you just foam the vehicle, leave for ten minutes then pressure wash off or do you have to sponge/ brush first then rinse off.
James

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Interested how do you use polar blast.
Do you just foam the vehicle, leave for ten minutes then pressure wash off or do you have to sponge/ brush first then rinse off.
James
I spray on, leave for a few minutes, sponge or brush over then rinse.

Getting the consistency right can be a bit hit and miss depending on your applicator. I like it to stick a bit so probably use a bit more foam.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Just from watching some YouTube channels, whether your foam sticks or runs off can be down to the snow applicator you're using, i watched a video where the chap was comparing an Amazon cheapish device against his Italian pro one, they looked pretty much the same but the difference was immediately obvious.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Altho' amazon.es sells many Autoglym & Turtlewax products the snow foams aren't listed. Do they contain chemicals banned in EU I wonder.
Other brands' of snow foams available, including Muc-off, but, like others here, I prefer recommendations ....

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Had some Muc-off delivered today and tested it with an el-cheapo Karcher branded dispenser.
Mixed 50-50 and dial set to max. Didn't linger too long on vertical panels, p'raps use 75-25 ratio next time.
It was certainly easier and quicker than my usual (brush &bucket) method. Enough Muc-off (1lt bottle) for 4 more washes at 50-50.
May just encourage me to do it more often
(Didn't do the roof, didn't have a ladder-holder)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I thought you were asking about the snow foam they used to set off in discos!! :rofl:

Shows how much I know about cleaning the motorhome :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back