Best silver/grey paint for plastic fixings on motorhome?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
What exterior grade paint (ideally silver/grey) would you recommend for the plastic fixings on the roof of the motorhome? Is it possible to get a good finish with hand painting (in situ) or are sprays the only option? Any tips or tricks to help?
Our solar panels have discoloured mount end caps & the cable port gland has gone from white to yellow. All in good condition otherwise so don't want to replace just cosmetically improve them as quite visible on top of our otherwise tidy van conversion.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 745
Exp
since 2012
I’ve done a lot of titivating on components from my Land Rover.
Prep is the key. I’ve a sand blaster and a parts washer. Always use a primer, undercoat and if appropriate, base coat and clear.
With care you can get great results from rattle cans but spray in batches, clearing the nozzle between uses.
Don’t rush anything. Use a huge box,on its side to keep dust off as the bits dry.
A cake decorating turntable is useful.

Tony

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Bedec paint may be an option for you. They do a multi surface paint that is available in silver, that I have used.

IMG_0934.jpeg

The trailer is painted with it including the plastic flexible arches. Used brush and roller. It’s also water based so very easy to use, and clean up.

Upvote 0

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
2021 and counting
I’ve done a lot of titivating on components from my Land Rover.
Prep is the key. I’ve a sand blaster and a parts washer. Always use a primer, undercoat and if appropriate, base coat and clear.
With care you can get great results from rattle cans but spray in batches, clearing the nozzle between uses.
Don’t rush anything. Use a huge box,on its side to keep dust off as the bits dry.
A cake decorating turntable is useful.

Tony
I use plastic coat spray paint on my motorcycle wheels and I get excellent coverage and last me 3 years winter and summer before a light rubdown and re paint, and you have a great range of colours..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back