Best searching methods for finding that van/MH (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 16, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
I have slowly been filtering down the numerous options of vehicles. Been using autotrader to look at specifics, however its clear from visiting indiividual dealers that many vehicles are never advertised there. Used "sale uk maker model' type searching strings in google has produced other results, am I missing a trick or two?

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I have slowly been filtering down the numerous options of vehicles. Been using autotrader to look at specifics, however its clear from visiting individual dealers that many vehicles are never advertised there. Used "sale uk maker model' type searching strings in google has produced other results, am I missing a trick or two?
I think you need to keep on whittling until you decide on a make, model, layout and year (and maybe even colours inside and out).
Which means by then you will have a very good idea of the cost.

I'd also get friendly with a local dealer with their own service centre that can deal with your chosen make and model.

Let him put out the other feelers, to say he has a customer looking for a specific van

Also once you know what you want, don't be afraid to got to the far ends of the UK to buy it, even if it means three or four trips.

(The van we bought was a 400 mile round trip to look at it, then look again, then to agree to buy it and then to collect it, so about 2,000 miles all in)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Or the alternative option of buying one that is extremely well known to many funsters and set up for off grid living and has had numerous things done to it.

If only one like that was available now whilst you thought about pros and cons

OP
OP
swemmy666
Aug 16, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
I seem to be in a bit of a motorhome dealer desert, there are a couple but they are quite small scale. Seems the midlands is the place to be. We have whittle down to a type and style, there are a number of uk makers that almost fit the bill!

OP
OP
swemmy666
Aug 16, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
Rather than kick off a new question, like the auto-trial 63x Sports U shaped lounge, but cant see how to get a working bike rack on the back with the horizontal doors. It look as if a towbar rack, means unloading and removing the rack every time you want to get to the storage locker?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Rather than kick off a new question, like the auto-trial 63x Sports U shaped lounge, but cant see how to get a working bike rack on the back with the horizontal doors. It look as if a towbar rack, means unloading and removing the rack every time you want to get to the storage locker?
There are various solutions out there Hymer have one for their range

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
You can get swing out towbars

Not for towing, but designed for a towbar bike rack.

OP
OP
swemmy666
Aug 16, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
You can get swing out towbars

Not for towing, but designed for a towbar bike rack.
Thanks, a gem of a post. Not seem those before and its puts those models back on my watchlist.

bike tired.PNG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back