Best place to get my 12v Systems upgraded (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi, I’m thinking of changing my electric fridge in my camper van to a three way fridge cos every time I’m at a rally my fridge defrosts and I loose all my food. I understand there’s a lot of work involved so these are my questions I hope someone on funsters can help me.I’m looking into getting a lithium battery plus victron solar control panel, this is through off grid solutions as a fun member has has lots of work done on his van and are pleased with the work and haven’t been ripped off.So 1, where’s the best place to get one from and at a good price plus having it fitted without it costing a arm and leg. I’m hoping someone on the funster has had work done like this so please HELP ME.Looking forward to your advise

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi Allan and Val, I have spoke to off grid solutions, He told me to take photos and send them to him which I’ve done but he hasn’t got back to me yet. I do appreciate all the advise you gave me thanks. Will see how I get on.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
I’ve received a quote from Nigel, £1.700.00 that doesn’t show my 10% off for being in Motorhomefun but I have spoke to him and I think he’s going to give it to me fingers crossed.🤞He’s going to arrange a date when the work can be carried out. It will nice not to have to worry anymore about running out of power.🤗

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
La Strada
Gas can’t go under the van
Needs to go inside!

I would suggest going to three way is a retrograde step. Loads of solar and lithium and stick with your compressor fridge, always assuming it is compressor!!

I’m about to go to compressor from three way!

Tony
What is the downside of a three-way, compared to a compressor fridge? Ours works just fine on either 12v or 240v .. what will a compressor fridge do that that won't?!

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2024
North Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 745
Exp
since 2012
It uses way more ‘energy,

Maybe 150w on 240 and 12v and a load of gas.
Control is quite imprecise hence it’s inefficient.

Compressor fridge is very efficient. You are not using a heat source to get cold.

So…. Easy to run on 240 and solar!

Can’t wait to justify changing.

Tony.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Performance of the Absorption fridges also depends how they have been fitted by the converter. Where the vents go is critical and the depth of the void to get the correct ventilation venturi effect. On our c-tourer if you don't have an oven the fridge vents out of the roof which works a lot better than the two side vents we have as we have an oven fitted.. Ours works but not as well as it could do, hence we are fitting a compressor unit as soon as they are back in stock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
What is the downside of a three-way, compared to a compressor fridge? Ours works just fine on either 12v or 240v .. what will a compressor fridge do that that won't?!
It will work fine on a slope.

3-way often have trouble when at an angle.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
LPG refilling is slowly becoming more and more of a challenge.
Once you have a compressor fridge and solar it’s free.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2024
North Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 745
Exp
since 2012
We have just done five nights Offgrid and managed hot water from solar as well!

Admittedly, we are really low after a couple of cloudy days but it was an interesting experiment. Two hot showers each day!

Tony

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back