Best Parking Spot for Newport Marathon Spectators (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I'm going to Newport on Sunday to watch my son run the marathon, his first (at 41), he's aiming to beat my PB of 2hrs 53minutes, knowing him he will :LOL:!
I was hoping to use the Marathon Park and Ride but that is now full (poor planning on my part!), can anyone suggest somewhere to park please? I'm happy to walk a couple of miles to get to the Start/Finish and avoid all the stress of finding somewhere closer. I'm aiming to get there between 8 and 9.

OP
OP
Tizme
Nov 17, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I should have said, I'm going in my car, not "Florence" ::bigsmile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Not sure of the route, but there are loads of industrial estates. Look one up near to where you need to be and phone a business on there and ask permission to park. It will likely surprise them, but because you had the manners to ask will likely allow it if they are closed on Sunday

I did this as I couldn't find parking near a parade and needed to be close as can't exactly walk far. They were happy with being asked and allowed it. I offered to pay or put some money in the charity pots at the parade and did the latter

OP
OP
Tizme
Nov 17, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Not sure of the route, but there are loads of industrial estates. Look one up near to where you need to be and phone a business on there and ask permission to park. It will likely surprise them, but because you had the manners to ask will likely allow it if they are closed on Sunday

I did this as I couldn't find parking near a parade and needed to be close as can't exactly walk far. They were happy with being asked and allowed it. I offered to pay or put some money in the charity pots at the parade and did the latter
Thanks! that's a great idea

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back