Best option to seal ceiling leak? (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic
Hi all,

Is gaffer tape the best temporary solution?

Having spent a very wet afternoon in St Cirq Lapodie, I got back to the MH and discovered water inside the van, dripping beneath the solar panel entry gland. The whole solar install was done 5 years ago by the dealer, when we bought the MH 2nd hand. I've never noticed a leak before but the sealant is discoloured, some has flaked off and it all looks very thin. I'm guessing the sealant wasn't done correctly, as I assume it should last more than 5 years. They also used a double gland (like this solar panel double entry gland) but ran both the wires through only one entry - meaning the other is either superfluous or was a spare for an extra panel.

I've liberally applied gaffer tape on and around the gland, and on the MH roof. The forecast is decent so hopefully this will work until we get home.

Is there anything else I should do to help seal it, while still on holiday?

thanks in advance.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The best option is to park on a slope, possibly created by you, with your ramps, and keep water away from the area. Nothing sticks to a wet surface. Whatever they say on the label. A pic of the problem would help

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Apr 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic
The best option is to park on a slope, possibly created by you, with your ramps, and keep water away from the area. Nothing sticks to a wet surface. Whatever they say on the label. A pic of the problem would help
Good point. It’s all covered in silver tape atm, so I’ll get a pic when we get back to the uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back