Best Motorhome satnav, advice please (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 25, 2024
North Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 745
Exp
since 2012
I’ve had it with my truck satnav. Absolutely inflexible and irritating.

I have an iPhone and apple play and always use Waze in the car but it takes me on by-roads to avoid traffic.

I’m looking for a reliable Moho satnav that will consider vehicle dimensions and offer route choices.

What is the experience among the group?.

Thanks

Tony

Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria 640 SLB on ord
My route app is a phone based nav that you can enter the dimensions of your vehicle, it even has a motorhome setting.

It was originally aimed at motorcyclists but has developed since then, theres various levels available from free upwards.

With the Gold you can use Here (Garmin) or Tom Tom mapping as well as others, there is also a website where you can plan a trip and later select it as a route on your phone.

Have a look at MyRouteapp.com

Might be worth a look.

Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria 640 SLB on ord
Here’s my first stab at a Norway route for our Sept trip, it’s very much a work in progress.

IMG_1783.jpeg

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
We’ve been quite happy with our Tom Tom Camper.👍

Ian

Oct 27, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I used to use CoPilot until recently. I’ve now changed to using Magic Earth.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Can anyone with an Aguri setup share their experience with it please?

We currently have a Tomtom Camper (our third) and whilst liking it's functions etc we are finding it increasingly difficult to make out the finer details on it's small screen.

Hence our interest in the bigger screened Aguri.

Thanks

May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
We like Garmin Camper as you can also input ulez/critair etc criteria to ensure we don't go through any zones we're not compliant with.

Feb 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
pilote diamond 783
Exp
2 years
I have been using Magic Earth for some time now, i use challenging non toll routes to Croatia etc 5.3tonne so avoiding go dars box usage and no hiccups other than self induced so regardless of tool still need common sense and planning
  1. Free
  2. offline maps
  3. 3 d
  4. advanced driver aids
  5. vehicle dimension entry
  6. vehicle speed entry. accurate eta
  7. crowd sourced trafffic data so live traffic data
  8. both os supported
  9. regularly updated
  10. carplay works a treat, i use a large carpuride display
  11. online poi lookup
  12. select what data it uses mobile data use to optomise roaming data

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
we are finding it increasingly difficult to make out the finer details on it's small screen.

Do you have it set to ‘Auto zoom’ at junctions?

When are you struggling with it?

Is it when driving (see above suggestion), or is it when planning?

If the latter, just use your tablet (or laptop) for the planning and it will automatically synchronise it with your TT.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
Garmin for us but always checked against a paper map.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Do you have it set to ‘Auto zoom’ at junctions?

When are you struggling with it?

Is it when driving (see above suggestion), or is it when planning?

If the latter, just use your tablet (or laptop) for the planning and it will automatically synchronise it with your TT.

Ian

Thanks Ian,

Not an issue following the actual blue lined route, it’s the road numbers, warnings etc that ping up. Basically anything that’s not a diagram.

(The problem is of course my eyesight. Shortsighted with corrected vision for long distance but hopeless for reading at close up.)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks Ian,

Not an issue following the actual blue lined route, it’s the road numbers, warnings etc that ping up. Basically anything that’s not a diagram.

(The problem is of course my eyesight. Shortsighted with corrected vision for long distance but hopeless for reading at close up.)

Do you have the text size set to ‘Large’ (Settings/Appearance/Display/Size of text and buttons)?

If you do then I suggest that, rather than swopping to different sat nav (that may be no better in this respect), you use the Tom Tom (Camper version) App on as large a tablet as you can accommodate as the larger screen will give you larger text.

Ian

Jun 22, 2019
Durham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
We have a built in Garmin that you put your dimensions in but unfortunately this does not help. Last year I took a wrong turn so my sat nav reset its self and I wrongly assumed that the route was OK to follow. About 3 miles down the lane it narrowed just before the main road junction and I became wedged, after getting out most of our lower plastic panels were damaged. Before it went for repair I decided to update my sat nav software and firmware which was only about 3 years old. Whilst updating the software and firmware I used the manufacturers customer help department and asked why/ how this could have happened without warning. I was told that if the system knew I was going down a road that was too narrow an icon is displayed on the screen but there is no verbal warning. As I was concentrating on the road neither my wife or I saw the icon on the screen which is down the central console, although we have seen it since. If sat nav’s can tell you to turn left, right etc surely it can be programmed to say “stop revers” the road ahead is too narrow.!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I've been using Co pilot with some success but it isn't perfect.

Last night it did correctly realise part of M4 was closed and successfully rerouted me mid journey taking a very wide berth around the congested official diversion with the sat nav route lengthier but overall faster.

But it does have a tendency to find single track lanes which are probably passable yet would be challenging if something came the other way.

Also sound direction often cuts out. But that may be sn issue with phone, Bluetooth and van radio conflicting.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Use a garmin camper but have allways dabbled with different apps.
Used copilot, google, navigator, road warriers even waze, now I usually use Amigo, that uses tomtom maps and makes a 95% stab getting routes right and avoiding delays, ps its free.

Dec 19, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Lunar Fivestar
Exp
Motorhoming since 2011 - now returning after a long break!
I’ve had it with my truck satnav. Absolutely inflexible and irritating.

I have an iPhone and apple play and always use Waze in the car but it takes me on by-roads to avoid traffic.

I’m looking for a reliable Moho satnav that will consider vehicle dimensions and offer route choices.

What is the experience among the group?.

Thanks

Tony
Has anyone purchased one of these C & M
Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 17.14.28.png
Sat Navs?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back