Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
We have booked into Camping La Pelouse in Bergerac as picking the kids up from the airport. We arrive the day before and coming in from the West - We are 4.25t and I thought I'd found a good route in 'Avenue Du Général Charles De Gaulle' as it has many industrial units, supermarkets, garden centres, motor dealers etc etc and generally looks a good safe option with signage direct to the campsite. However there are signs and repeaters saying 3.5t with 'en transit' written underneath. I know that 'en transit' means 'in transit' but what does it mean in relation to the 3.5t? Is it something that if you are using the local services it's ok and just to stop passing traffic using it or would it be just purely transporting goods to those industrial / retail units. Other roads in area have the standard 3.5t limit signs so there must be a difference. Also now after looking coming from the airport on 'Route d'Agen' this is also showing the same 3.5t 'en transit' signs 🤨. Any knowledge or experience of the area and or signage would be appreciated. Apologies if I'm being a bit thick here!!

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I'd agree you should be OK as local access - quite narrow streets on access to the site. It's very handy for the town, but perhaps not the most inspiring site. ( If you want alternatives, the town aire is out at Pombonne, and there's a Camping Car Park at Rouffignac just to the south. Also private aires in Monbazillac, Ch de Haut Pezaud and Domaine Lalande.)

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I agree also, the weight limit is 3.5T for through traffic, not if you destination is in the restricted zone. I do think that where these signs show, it’s actually still 7.5T max, but one of our French locals can probably confirm that?

Where they don’t want Motorhome the aforementioned signage is often accompanied by a camping car picture with a line through it and you shouldn’t enter these zones.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Quite often these signs also have a picture of a lorry, we take that to mean it only applies to lorries, no picture we tend to use ring roads , unless like you needing specific access to the area

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi!
Triangle sign? round sign? colour(s) please

EDIT : Round white with a red circle is "forbitten to"
3,5t en transit , is most probably for goods not for MoHos , and should mean they have to surround the town if it's not their final destination.

Last edited:
  • Nice One!
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Peg Star
Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
Thank you so much for all your replies.

Hi!
Triangle sign? round sign? colour(s) please

EDIT : Round white with a red circle is "forbitten to"
3,5t en transit , is most probably for goods not for MoHos , and should mean they have to surround the town if it's not their final destination.

Yes it’s the white sign with red circle. It makes sense that the limit is for traffic ‘in transit’ i.e. transiting through rather than a destination.

I'd agree you should be OK as local access - quite narrow streets on access to the site. It's very handy for the town, but perhaps not the most inspiring site. ( If you want alternatives, the town aire is out at Pombonne, and there's a Camping Car Park at Rouffignac just to the south. Also private aires in Monbazillac, Ch de Haut Pezaud and Domaine Lalande.)

I have been second guessing myself regards the pleasantries of the site - mixed reviews apart from common complaint that the ‘facilities’ are a bit unpleasant. Not ideal but my thoughts were we’d arrive day before kids for a mooch then collect them from airport go back to site then walk into Bergerac for a nice meal (or pizza - kids eh) before moving on the following day. I have been looking at alternatives but just not as handy. We’ve had some lovely stays at places we’d thought were a bit grim initially - but I am panicking inside a little 😂.

I think we should be ok with both routes by the sounds of things.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back