Benefits of EU Dog passport (70 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
We are currently in France with our dog, first time we brought him, cost a small fortune.

We will be heading back in the next few days so need to visit vet and get wormer and certificate signed.

The cost quoted by vet seems a lot 55 euro. But for 10euro more they will supply a passport.

So what will the benefits be of a passport? And I thought you needed a permanent EU address, can they still issue one?.

The vets is highly rated based in Luxembourg

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
You don’t need to get an AHC every time you cross the channel.

They can, but French vets seem averse to the idea.

Ian
No, there were new rules over two years ago (or was it three 🤔) if a dog had not been on the iCad (?) register for 3 months they were not allowed to issue a pet passport. Janie

Upvote 0

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
No, there were new rules over two years ago (or was it three 🤔) if a dog had not been on the iCad (?) register for 3 months they were not allowed to issue a pet passport. Janie

That’s rather what I was suggesting (that you would have no joy in France (however, others seem to be suggesting otherwise 🤷‍♂️)).👍

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Pet passport in Spain 22 Euros, rabies jab (three year one) worming and health check for return trip. 42 Euros.
Returned to UK last weekend.
No more messing about with the AHC
BUT as Minxy said. ensure the date at front of passport is the implant date if relying on previous rabies history or they wont accept it at Calais.
Unless you have a new jab then they can write the reading date.
This happened to us last year so had to have a new rabies injection this year to be any use and travel out on an AHC.

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We're heading off to France next week and have just been through the (expensive) AHC process, are there any French vets out there supplying pet passports?
I have just PMed you my list of French vets that have recently issued Pet Passports to Brits. This list is available to any subscribing Funster that needs it - just send me a PM.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
There were no new 'rules' just misinterpretations of that 'Brexit statement' on the I-cad website. BTW that notorious statement has now disappeared. :wink:

Upvote 0
Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
There were no new 'rules' just misinterpretations of that 'Brexit statement' on the I-cad website. BTW that notorious statement has now disappeared. :wink:
So, do French Vets still require your dog to be on the I-cad register before they issue passport? And does this need the owner to have a French address (or can any address be used)?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back