Beautiful Nature of Norway and Sweden (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Ford
Hi All I’ve just done a trip up to Nordkap going up through Sweden and down through Norway and my over whelming thoughts were that there are so many trees lining the roads in Sweden that there are precious few spots with any views left. Norway was however compleatly stunning taking your breath away on many occasions. There were many places for wild camping and good quality clean services in many places . Wonderful trip you’ve all got to go there .
Chippy Steve

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
Yes stunning but expensive. Did a big 2 month trip in 2012 right up to the border with Russia.So many tunnels some with single track and one with hair pin bends 😄5000 miles covered from end of may to July 👍

Last edited:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
About how many days would it take, doing no more than 6 hours driving per day, to get from Poitiers, France to Lysekil, Sweden, please? I know I could get a rough idea on Google Maps or whatever, but that doesn't take into account things that people who've done the trip might know. We have to go to Lysekil at some stage, so I'm wondering if it's doable by MH for us. There'll just be the two of us and our little dog. Thank you for any info :)

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
HI Steve,

I'm in the Lofotens now having come up from Kristiansand by all the coastal roads, and heading for Tromso. Stunning, wonderful and dramatic scenery all the way up.

It's funny you should bring this up because my wife and I had a discussion recently about what we do at Tromso to start the journey home: back through Sweden or down the inland route of Norway? After all we have seen, Sweden held no attraction and we felt that, even on the E6, Norway still had a lot more dramatic scenery to offer.

Before we came we thought that going to Norway would be a one-off. It's expensive and a long journey to get to the starting point, but now, we just want to come back. Everything works here; the people are friendly, helpful and speak good English, and they cater for motorhomes.

I mourn the loss of the old Harwich to Esbjerg ferry, because that is the only pain, having to go through France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Denmark to get here - that's 1100 miles before you start!

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Summit Prime 640
Exp
Since 2014
I agree with the OP.
We've just crossed back into Denmark having gone up through Eastern side of Denmark, Norway, back down through Finland and Sweden.
If you want waterside pitches, lake and sea, then Sweden can't be beaten, especially if you go off the beaten track. We saw another UK van last night, the first in the 11 days since we left Norway. If you want scenery then it's Norway hands down
Taken us 7 weeks so far and planning on 3 weeks coming back through West Denmark, Germany, Luxembourg and France.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I think you'll find many of us have been to Norway and Sweden, and beyond, some more than once. Plenty of threads on Scandinavia but I believe you have to be a paid up member to search.

OP
OP
C
Feb 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Ford
Hi again all thanks for the likes and the people who have read my first ever post on anything realy . Couple of things from what you have all said . I think that because Britain is so expensive now and we don’t realy eat out the prices seemed compatible to the uk . roads and bridges etc were expensive but stays were mostly free or very cheep. the whole trip was 25 days doing between 250 to 500 miles on way up easing off on the way back down . used chase cards for everything fuel and food with an Ordsundbro Biz Auto Tag for roads and bridges everything worked faultlessly . Must admit we went for it up through sweden so didn’t go off the motorways etc looking for nice views, camping spots etc .
Left Dover miday Sunday arrived nordkapp 1030pm Friday
Wonderful trip . 5740miles door to door
Thanks again
Chippy steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
C
Feb 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Ford
IMG_8822.jpeg

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
HI Steve,

I'm in the Lofotens now having come up from Kristiansand by all the coastal roads, and heading for Tromso. Stunning, wonderful and dramatic scenery all the way up.

It's funny you should bring this up because my wife and I had a discussion recently about what we do at Tromso to start the journey home: back through Sweden or down the inland route of Norway? After all we have seen, Sweden held no attraction and we felt that, even on the E6, Norway still had a lot more dramatic scenery to offer.

Before we came we thought that going to Norway would be a one-off. It's expensive and a long journey to get to the starting point, but now, we just want to come back. Everything works here; the people are friendly, helpful and speak good English, and they cater for motorhomes.

I mourn the loss of the old Harwich to Esbjerg ferry, because that is the only pain, having to go through France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Denmark to get here - that's 1100 miles before you start!
no need to go through france and belgium you can still ferry from harwich to netherlands

Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
We have just returned from a motorhome tours.co.uk rally to Denmark Norway and Sweden it was brilliant but boring coming back through Sweden look on there web site at the video of our tour and see what you are missing just go for it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back