Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Why would(should) you not do that?
It can in some cases damage the hab battery, but that is pretty rare if it is only ever done in an emergency. Some american vans are wired to do it at factory, you throw an isolator switch to connect them

Many so called leisure batteries are dual use and some just a starter battery with a different sticker

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
If you have driven 250k and the battery is still flat I would be worried about the alternator
I wouldn’t be, it’s a 7 year old battery and likely knackered. If all loads were being serviced fine like fuel pumps and lights and battery lights were off, the alternator will be fine.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Why would(should) you not do that?
I don’t know why you would (should) not. I recommend that they DID do it. Just join battery to battery with jumper cables, like you would in any jump start situation. It won’t harm the batteries for a single start, or even a couple of starts. Will get you to a place to buy a battery, so you can carry on and have a holiday.

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
So here we go. Recovery company that promised to return never did then lied saying they didnt arrange. The mechanic took photos of the battery and serial no.
Anyway the campsite rang a garage out in 20 mins new battery fitted in 10 mins €240 euro. We can claim the callout back off nationwide so not too bad. Just the tyre to fix now and daughter in hospital to sort out . What a holiday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back