LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Bank transfer using faster payment (standard online transfer) can't be recalled.
Most banks limit you to £25 but you can do multiple payments of up to £100k in 24 hours with most banks.

When we paid for our new van a few weeks ago, we paid in £25k lots from different accounts to make sure there weren't any problems.
Lloyds is 25k per day so not possible to pay same day. We paid by debit card for the new MH.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Lloyds is 25k per day so not possible to pay same day. We paid by debit card for the new MH.
I think on a chaps payment there's no limit but you have no redress if you get it wrong. Another option if like us you have a couple of accounts is transfer the limit to a couple of accounts and pay from a few

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I think on a chaps payment there's no limit but you have no redress if you get it wrong. Another option if like us you have a couple of accounts is transfer the limit to a couple of accounts and pay from a few
I meant I can only do 25k a day, I could go into bank to ask them to pay more I guess.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I meant I can only do 25k a day, I could go into bank to ask them to pay more I guess.
Yes. As I say we have a similar limit but because we have more than one account if we know in advance we can set the amounts in the accounts so we can do more than one transfer a day. We last did it when we put quite a bit in national savings one year bonds

Oct 18, 2021
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Some....good & bad!
I once used Lloyds high value transfer dept and paid £65k in one hit. They talk it through with you over the phone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back