Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hiya, where are you headed this trip? Hope you three too have a great trip.

We’re currently at Coulanges sur Yonne after a boring drive on the A29 (mostly) but we wanted to cover the distance. It’s a shame that so many of the municipal campsites are closing as they used to offer unparalleled value and a feeling of life in France. This site is still open but I fear for its existence. The historic egalitarianism of French municipal sites in bringing the French countryside to the ordinary working French, was in my view, laudable but they are now fast disappearing. Ok, off my soap-box.
View attachment 792513
There are some lovely swans, swanning about (what else) and the calm has descended on the camp site where the smell of merguez and chipos on barbies is swirling about. So time for a glass of wine and something to eat. View attachment 792510View attachment 792512

If I eve get persuaded to go on a campsite it would be one like that(y)(y)

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Initially just into Brittany then Normandy then see how it goes. I fancy a return to the Loire general area and where you are now looks good. Only plan is not to do much driving but then we often say that and ignore it! :)
The trips where you have no detailed agenda are often the most fun. Enjoy wherever. We may go Brittany next year in September. But then again, we may go to Greece instead. Choices………..

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
OK thanks.

I have been trying to load WhatsApp onto my laptop. I can start off in English then at next step it changes to Polish, so will have to wait till the Polish experts are here.
Oh my, no idea why that is. I assume your laptop is not an Apple?

I expect this is the link you used on your laptop, it works in English on mine!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Arrived at the house in Nievre after a slow drive from Coulanges stopping at Clamecy for a grocery shop. Noticed how prices are still rising very rapidly. Over 4€ for a small cauli and even aubergines and courgettes now expensive. Some nice looking fruit however and lots of apricots so SWMBO will be making jam later.
Since we were last here in May, the grass on our little bit of land has turned into a jungle with weeds. I’ve cut it this afternoon until the lawnmower ran out of petrol. So will call it a day until tomorrow. 26° and sunny! A swim in the lake tomorrow.

Before
IMG_1066.jpeg
IMG_1063.jpeg

After…..(part 1)
IMG_1068.jpeg

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
With a fresh supply of unleaded, I was able to cut the remainder of the tall weeds/grasses on our land. It was sweltering at 30° and I was suitably covered with sunscreen, hat and long sleeves.

IMG_1071.jpeg

A wing of barn swallows arrived this morning only to find the van parked in front of their favourite barn doors through which they dart and nest in the barn. So they sat on the phone wire and the van waiting for me to move it. Which I did.
Birds on a wire; sounds like a good name for a song……………….
IMG_3111.jpeg
IMG_3121.jpeg
IMG_3118.jpeg

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
With a fresh supply of unleaded, I was able to cut the remainder of the tall weeds/grasses on our land. It was sweltering at 30° and I was suitably covered with sunscreen, hat and long sleeves.

View attachment 794385

A wing of barn swallows arrived this morning only to find the van parked in front of their favourite barn doors through which they dart and nest in the barn. So they sat on the phone wire and the van waiting for me to move it. Which I did.
Birds on a wire; sounds like a good name for a song……………….View attachment 794420View attachment 794421View attachment 794422
Clever swallows!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back