Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We’re on the road to France again for a two month jaunt. Have just arrived at the Woolpack Pub at Smeeth near the tunnel. Very friendly welcome even though we arrived after they’d officially stopped serving but had a pint of Doom. Which after the boring trip from York with several traffic jams and 5+ hours on the road was most welcome. Tomorrow, 11:50 crossing then aim to spend tomorrow night at Laon where we stayed last year.
I’ll take some pictures tomorrow as it’s too dark now.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Enjoy your trip, you know we all love pictures….😎

Just smiffy

If you love pictures maybe you, or somebody else, can sort us out as to how to post them on here, bearing in mind our set-up.

OH takes photos on her android phone, but is not on this forum.

I am on this forum on my laptop, both at home and in the MH, tethering via her phone.

What is a simple way to get her photos onto this forum?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Just log in to MHF on her phone under your name.

In any post there is an attach files. Choose Files, choose camera, select which ones then (just to help me out) select Full picture rather than tumbnail then post reply.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just smiffy

If you love pictures maybe you, or somebody else, can sort us out as to how to post them on here, bearing in mind our set-up.

OH takes photos on her android phone, but is not on this forum.

I am on this forum on my laptop, both at home and in the MH, tethering via her phone.

What is a simple way to get her photos onto this forum?

Any of the above will suffice….👍🏼😎

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
OH could email her photos to you as attachments. You save them in your photos and then you attach them when you post. Simples!
or OH could join the forum…..

OH joining could be dangerous, for me.

Your suggestion about attachments has been used but it is clunky and I was hoping there is another way like a cable to connect the phone to my laptop.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Don’t worry lots of us were in a similar situation when first attaching photos, but it really is simple using either of the process suggested above.
If you have a smart phone: take a random photo, add a comment on this thread then click on “Attach files” then go to your photos and click on the ones you want to add to your thread, you will then see each attachment being uploaded from your photos to your thread, you can the select multiple if adding more than 1 photo. Then post your thread. The important thing is not to be embarrassed, it usually takes a few attempts and then it becomes second nature. I’m now going to add random photos of the wives hanging baskets using the above process. If I can do anyone can🙂

IMG_0909.jpeg

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I know you are on the move now, but in any big store or phone shop you should be able to get an SD card and an adapter for her android phone - like this
Transfer photos onto it and then put SD card in your laptop or use the same device on your phone.
Saves you using your data allowance to send them by email.
Amazon product ASIN B09P8FCRBS

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Don’t worry lots of us were in a similar situation when first attaching photos, but it really is simple using either of the process suggested above.
If you have a smart phone: take a random photo, add a comment on this thread then click on “Attach files” then go to your photos and click on the ones you want to add to your thread, you will then see each attachment being uploaded from your photos to your thread, you can the select multiple if adding more than 1 photo. Then post your thread. The important thing is not to be embarrassed, it usually takes a few attempts and then it becomes second nature. I’m now going to add random photos of the wives hanging baskets using the above process. If I can do anyone can🙂

View attachment 791953
I think you have to go back to my original question, because the photos are on OH's smart phone. I have only a PAYG non-smart phone. I post on the forum via laptop. So there is a need to transfer from one to the other.

It is other people requesting the photos - we already have them.

I know you are on the move now, but in any big store or phone shop you should be able to get an SD card and an adapter for her android phone - like this
Transfer photos onto it and then put SD card in your laptop or use the same device on your phone.
Saves you using your data allowance to send them by email.
Amazon product ASIN B09P8FCRBS
Annie thanks.

I am back home but Basia is off visiting her Sister in Turkey.

I am not sure if I have a slot to insert a SD card in my 9yo laptop.

I think this all might have to wait till Basia comes back next week and call in our IT man, because his English is limited

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
A pleasant night was spent at the Woolpack near Smeeth. We’d stayed there because, where we usually stay the eve before a Tunnel crossing, The Doghouse at Smeeth, is now closed on Sundays and apparently, the landowner has become a bit retentive about people staying there.
So a good alternative. If we’d arrived less fraught, what with long traffic jams near Doncaster on the A1 and other delays meaning our 4.5 hour drive was longer by 50% we’d have eaten there as the menu looked good. But we arrived too late!

Anyway, an uneventful crossing, only 30 minutes late brought us into France and we’re parked up at Laon. There are 6 places, expressly reserved for motorhomes all but one of which was taken up with cars. Luckily one left and we were able to squeeze in. So now a cuppa, then a stroll and, if it cools down later, maybe a run.

Laon is a lovely medieval town. We live in York which is great but France is just crammed with these delights. More photos later.
IMG_1054.jpeg
IMG_1052.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
A pleasant night was spent at the Woolpack near Smeeth. We’d stayed there because, where we usually stay the eve before a Tunnel crossing, The Doghouse at Smeeth, is now closed on Sundays and apparently, the landowner has become a bit retentive about people staying there.
So a good alternative. If we’d arrived less fraught, what with long traffic jams near Doncaster on the A1 and other delays meaning our 4.5 hour drive was longer by 50% we’d have eaten there as the menu looked good. But we arrived too late!

Anyway, an uneventful crossing, only 30 minutes late brought us into France and we’re parked up at Laon. There are 6 places, expressly reserved for motorhomes all but one of which was taken up with cars. Luckily one left and we were able to squeeze in. So now a cuppa, then a stroll and, if it cools down later, maybe a run.

Laon is a lovely medieval town. We live in York which is great but France is just crammed with these delights. More photos later. View attachment 792028View attachment 792029

We have stopped there before - good view isn't it?

Now relax and enjoy France.

What is happening with sale of house?

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010

Your suggestion about attachments has been used but it is clunky and I was hoping there is another way like a cable to connect the phone to my laptop.
How about if she whatsapps the photos to you ?

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We have stopped there before - good view isn't it?

Now relax and enjoy France.

What is happening with sale of house?
Cracking view! Just back from a circuit of the ramparts. The house sale is underway. We’ve had one party interested so far who’s awaiting a further report. When we get to the hoise on Wednesday morning, I’ll mow the ‘lawn’. Luckily, we chose a house with little land so it’s never a problem.

It is still quite warm even though it’s nearly 20:00. Luckily we found a shady street.😉
IMG_3089.jpeg

This town/city oozes history and you realise that the local church, with its links to the Pope, were not so popular with the local populace to whom they ministered. Part of it was due to the canons living life on the hog.

There are some lovely shops and very few people about. We’re not eating out tonight (pasta salad in the van, washed down with chilled white wine SWMBO and 0% Guinness for me).
IMG_3094.jpeg
IMG_3087.jpeg
IMG_3085.jpeg

One gets the impression that a fat-bellied friar or a knight in armour could come round the corner. Truly enchanting.
IMG_3091.jpeg
IMG_3102.jpeg

The view from the ramparts is lovely. Thirty years in the law and I never was in a court that had such a magnificent view!

IMG_3101.jpeg
IMG_3100.jpeg
IMG_3099.jpeg

Tomorrow onto Coullonges-sur- Yonne.

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Cracking view! Just back from a circuit of the ramparts. The house sale is underway. We’ve had one party interested so far who’s awaiting a further report. When we get to the hoise on Wednesday morning, I’ll mow the ‘lawn’. Luckily, we chose a house with little land so it’s never a problem.

It is still quite warm even though it’s nearly 20:00. Luckily we found a shady street.😉View attachment 792088
This town/city oozes history and you realise that the local church, with its links to the Pope, were not so popular with the local populace to whom they ministered. Part of it was due to the canons living life on the hog.

There are some lovely shops and very few people about. We’re not eating out tonight (pasta salad in the van, washed down with chilled white wine SWMBO and 0% Guinness for me).
View attachment 792094View attachment 792095View attachment 792096
One gets the impression that a fat-bellied friar or a knight in armour could come round the corner. Truly enchanting.
View attachment 792101View attachment 792102

The view from the ramparts is lovely. Thirty years in the law and I never was in a court that had such a magnificent view!

View attachment 792105View attachment 792106View attachment 792107

Tomorrow onto Coullonges-sur- Yonne.

Lovely post and pics. Thanks.

Good luck with house sale. Not quite right for us at this time.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I am not sure if I have a slot to insert a SD card in my 9yo laptop.
I am pretty sure that you will have a slot but it will be for the older standard size of SDcard, however new sd cards usually come with an adapter.
I have one of the above devices to use SD cards both to store photos on and to use to view dashcam footage from it’s sd card, on my phone, ipad or laptop.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009

Bluetooth images across to laptop, easy to do.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for the photos and blog Ingwe - Laon looks worth a visit.
You’re welcome. It most certainly is worth a visit. Depending on how you enter France and where you’re going. For us, entering on the Tunnel heading to Nievre, Burgundy, the A29 to Rheims , Troyes, Auxerre etc makes a much more pleasant route than the A1, A4, Transilliene etc. And Laon is great stop about 2 an half hours from Calais.👍

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We’re on the road to France again for a two month jaunt. Have just arrived at the Woolpack Pub at Smeeth near the tunnel. Very friendly welcome even though we arrived after they’d officially stopped serving but had a pint of Doom. Which after the boring trip from York with several traffic jams and 5+ hours on the road was most welcome. Tomorrow, 11:50 crossing then aim to spend tomorrow night at Laon where we stayed last year.
Have a good trip. :) We are going to France as well at the end of this month, looking forward to it.

KeithandMand

Free Member
Nov 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis Sunseeker 130

Laon is a lovely medieval town. We live in York which is great but France is just crammed with these delights. More photos later. View attachment 792028View attachment 792029
We're booked in at the dog house this coming Thursday night, no issues when we booked so I'm assuming all will be well, I'll give an update once we're in France.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Have a good trip. :) We are going to France as well at the end of this month, looking forward to it.
Hiya, where are you headed this trip? Hope you three too have a great trip.

We’re currently at Coulanges sur Yonne after a boring drive on the A29 (mostly) but we wanted to cover the distance. It’s a shame that so many of the municipal campsites are closing as they used to offer unparalleled value and a feeling of life in France. This site is still open but I fear for its existence. The historic egalitarianism of French municipal sites in bringing the French countryside to the ordinary working French, was in my view, laudable but they are now fast disappearing. Ok, off my soap-box.
IMG_1061.jpeg

There are some lovely swans, swanning about (what else) and the calm has descended on the camp site where the smell of merguez and chipos on barbies is swirling about. So time for a glass of wine and something to eat.
IMG_1058.jpeg
IMG_1060.jpeg

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Come on down. It’s great.
Oh and it’s also free with electric. What’s not to like.
IMG_4319.jpegIMG_4320.jpeg

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No

Alternatively just get her to WhatsApp them to you when you are both on WiFi. Then you can just save the ones you want.

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back