Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
About to swap my b544 for a b534 (2017). This has an electric bed over the front.
Whilst being shown this at the dealers, it stopped halfway down, apparently it had a flat battery as it had been up and down a few times (not on EHU) .
Is there a way to manually raise the bed ?

I haven't collected the van yet as it needs a service.

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
All depends on types there quite a few different models.
On mine there no manual operation as such, but there’s two pin each side on rams that you remove and then push bed up.
Not easy,
then you have secure it some how .
My rear electric bed has a type of Allen key that you place in bed motor , slow and hard to do. I use a drill with attachment then it’s easy with 30sec job done. Only had to do this once.
Let the dealer sort it out I wouldn’t be taking it until fixed . Electric bed can be a nightmare so make sure it fixed by them properly.
Good luck with your new van 👍

Jul 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
2015 HymerExsis i414
Exp
20+ years in 1990 VW T3 and Florida. Hymer now...
About to swap my b544 for a b534 (2017). This has an electric bed over the front.
Whilst being shown this at the dealers, it stopped halfway down, apparently it had a flat battery as it had been up and down a few times (not on EHU) .
Is there a way to manually raise the bed ?

I haven't collected the van yet as it needs a service.
As they are servicing it, make sure the dot4 clutch actuation fluid is changed. They may argue over this from what I've read. I need to do mine, as from the service notes it's not been done!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back