Awning or Sunshade ? (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
I am very much a NEWBIE , with my Bentley Cobalt, and booking sites, it states Awning booking EXTRA?
Does a Sunshade from your van, but with no sides, constitute as an Awning? As I see people on the sites, that I go to with so many attachable awnings and blow up thingies attached to their van, I can well understand that they would be called Awnings . But a pullout shade, with no sides ? Is this also an awning that needs to be paid for please ?

Thanks guys

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
I am very much a NEWBIE , with my Bentley Cobalt, and booking sites, it states Awning booking EXTRA?
Does a Sunshade from your van, but with no sides, constitute as an Awning? As I see people on the sites, that I go to with so many attachable awnings and blow up thingies attached to their van, I can well understand that they would be called Awnings . But a pullout shade, with no sides ? Is this also an awning that needs to be paid for please ?

Thanks guys
hi some sites class the wind out awning an awning ,,Keswick ccc site for one ,,i was made put mine away because i was on a (no awning pitch )

Upvote 0
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
That's a good way of frying your batteries. You should never discharge lead batteries at more than the C5 rate which for your batteries is 38 amps. You are drawing approx 110 amps your batteries won't last long you really need to fit another 3 batteries or change to Lithium.
Yes I understand that, for now it works until I go lithium.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Imminent Purchase!
Also, is there an Airfryer, that can be used in a motorhome with an inverter for 1000 volts on board. I haven't used my own oven for over 3 years since having my airfryer, and would love to use one suitable for a motorhome, without tripping the whole site ! haha
1000 volts?

That'll be a bit slow on 240v!

(1000W 👀😜😁)

We were looking at some low powered ones in Currys a few weeks ago.

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adamo
Also, is there an Airfryer, that can be used in a motorhome with an inverter for 1000 volts on board. I haven't used my own oven for over 3 years since having my airfryer, and would love to use one suitable for a motorhome, without tripping the whole site ! haha
We use a £40 airfyer from Aldi 1500w 2000w inverter.
Having said that we’ve spent cash on top notch inverter and solar upgrades plus 230w Fogstar battery and dc to dc charger.
All Victron and professional installed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Chausson 786 XLB
Exp
I’m a newbie
We use a ninja wood fire bbq grill and works perfect even on a temporary site. Cadac not used but available if off grid

Upvote 0
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
We use a £40 airfyer from Aldi 1500w 2000w inverter.
Having said that we’ve spent cash on top notch inverter and solar upgrades plus 230w Fogstar battery and dc to dc charger.
All Victron and professional installed
My inverter is top notch too but have not yet fitted Lithium batteries - that will be the next upgrade after the LPG installation that will be done in September. Meanwhile all seems good for now.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
That's a good way of frying your batteries. You should never discharge lead batteries at more than the C5 rate which for your batteries is 38 amps. You are drawing approx 110 amps your batteries won't last long you really need to fit another 3 batteries or change to Lithium.
Fry the sausages or the batteries

What is the answer to the question 🤔

Quoted by Shakespeare...honest :whistle2:

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
My inverter is top notch too but have not yet fitted Lithium batteries - that will be the next upgrade after the LPG installation that will be done in September. Meanwhile all seems good for now.
What inverter ? I manage without one. But not got an airfryer either.

But that would involve cooking

I avoid that as well. :eek:

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2022
Staffordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 254
Exp
4 years

Thanks guys

Thanks guys
Hi, an awning has a top, sides and a front, a canopy (sunshade) only has a top!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Thank you guys for all the above information, whatever it meant ! hahah

I will say, that the Airfryer is ONLY USED on EHU, I never run it from the batteries, although previous owner, stated that he used the microwave off grid ? I don't think I would use either of these appliances, with EHU.
Hope this satisfies the worries? thank you for all your help, I really appreciate your kindness

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Yes I believe the initial surge can be the 1200W stated on the label but after it reaches temperature (which it does very quickly due to it's reduced size), to maintain it, it obviously uses a lot less.
Just so you are aware.
That 'initial surge' as you describe it when the fryer uses 1200 watts is what the air fryer uses EVERY TIME! the onboard thermostat switches the fryer back on.
I'm with DBK and Lenny HB on this.
Thinking that you can use an air fryer is going to end in tears.

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Just so you are aware.
That 'initial surge' as you describe it when the fryer uses 1200 watts is what the air fryer uses EVERY TIME! the onboard thermostat switches the fryer back on.
Sweet Caroline says she will only use the Airfryer on EHU, so hopefully there won’t be any tears!

Upvote 0
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Just so you are aware.
Well it's working for now, 3 months in. When the batteries are done, I'll install lithium.

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Well it's working for now, 3 months in. When the batteries are done, I'll install lithium.
Let me put it this way.
When you switch on the air fryer (and let's assume it's 1200watts), until it gets up to its operating temp. it's using your batteries at 100amps per hour. From then on, it's using, ball park, 1.66amps per MINUTE.
I appreciate that it doesn't take an hour to get up to speed but the above has to be acknowledged when considering the use of air fryers.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Let me put it this way.
When you switch on the air fryer (and let's assume it's 1200watts), until it gets up to its operating temp. it's using your batteries at 100amps per hour. From then on, it's using, ball park, 1.66amps per MINUTE.
I appreciate that it doesn't take an hour to get up to speed but the above has to be acknowledged when considering the use of air fryers.
Yes, I appreciate that. I use it at lunchtime and the solar is working. As I've said, it's fine for now.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back