Average discount available on new and second hand motorhomes (25 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 31, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Hello all, I'm new here and this is my first post đź‘‹.
Have looked through the threads but can't find any info on this...I'm looking to buy my first motor-home soon and would love to know what is the average % discount/reduction that is usually negotiated with a dealer on a new or second hand motorhome. I'm thinking French bed, 2-3 berth, 2-3 years old? Obviously they can throw in free things and that counts too. Any advice welcome, thanks! :giggle:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Daisy,
There is no average at the moment as it's a market very much on the move. Low balling is the right way to go right now, so start your negotiations at least 15% below windscreen price.

If you've never negotiated before, and even if you have, have a good read of this before you do anything (y) Best of luck

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
The best deal to make is the one you are prepared to walk away from. Once you give an indication that you want it, the seller gains the upper hand. There appears to be a glut of vehicles, both new and used, for sale right now. The one we traded in for our present MH still has not been back on the road. We traded it 54 weeks ago for more than we initially paid for it at 4 years old.
As Jim has said, read his guide, take your time. Happy hunting.

Upvote 0
Aug 16, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
spoke to a dealership about a van two weeks ago, they suggested they would give between 1.5-3% 'maybe' on the windscreen price, after my opening gambit was 15%. The van was sold this weekend....
Spoken to a couple of brokers in the last week, and again discounts aren't forthcoming. Maybe I'm looking at popular vans, I can remember a long time ago speaking to a Honda dealer about discounts, and he said there aren't any, Honda were restricted to X cars a year as imports and the sell every one of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Daisy6
Aug 31, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Sorry have just found a recent discussion on this called 'New Sales and Discounts' - thanks all :)

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry have just found a recent discussion on this called 'New Sales and Discounts' - thanks all :)

A lot will depend on discounts already applied. A dealer might be keener to unload a particular vehicle. I'm looking at 2024 vans that already have more than a ÂŁ15k reduction and they need space for the 2025 models that are already arriving. However, plenty of vans on forecourts are well overpriced right now, so start very low and negotiate (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back