Autotrail Entertainment Centre replacement

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
I'm a relative Newbie
We have the original 2011 Autotrail dash EC. The radio is poor (poss the mirror protectors) and the CD/DVD doesn’t load. Sent it for repair and declared U/S etc., etc. Keen to maintain the feature and not wanting to go OTT on price, looked on usual site but only found one 2din set with all the features including an Analogue TV Function with areal socket. Trouble is with almost everything made we buy, it came from China with a problem now in dispute. It arrived with box and instructions in perfect English but minus the TV Socket with a silver sticker over it, despite it clearly shown on all the listings.
Question is what have others fitted as a 2Din unit? As mentioned we would like to maintain this feature and remove a large flat screen TV that restricts the bench seat, fitted by the previous Owner.

OP
OP
Tricky One
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
I'm a relative Newbie
2E01A93D-D7A5-4C81-A50E-E8B6E9F74C18.jpeg7CE32C97-3A8A-42F5-BE63-092F198C41D6.jpegC0A2BB68-65F4-4D7F-B066-05AC7B0E8EAC.jpeg3C56C0FE-8DCE-4FDD-B1A7-A600F80E2CCE.jpegE58743EE-AE0D-4472-98C6-E694E8FF9B23.jpeg

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We had problems with the factory fitted media centre (11ELE2000) in our 2013 Savannah. This is probably what you've got in your 2011 Savannah and ours was replaced under warranty with a 12ELE2000 but it was rubbish as well.

Eventually, we replaced this with an Xtrons TD696ADS unit that includes a built in DVB-T2 tuner to drive the overcab TV. This model is now discontinued and, as you've found, there appears to be no double din units with DVB-T2 tuner built in nowadays.

If that is the case the only potential solution would be to fit a separate DVB-T2 tuner externally to the head unit. eg
1729504913733.png

We then went the opposite way to you by fitting a quickly demountable TV over the bench seats as there is, normally, only two of us travelling and we use the cabin chairs when watching. If we demount we lie it on one of the single beds in the bedroom.

This TV (24") has now been replaced by a larger model (36") but gives an idea of what ours looks like.
1729504668104.png

The top of the bracket is accessible over the top of the TV if we want to secure when travelling or the TV just lifts off upwards. We also have to unplug the cable connections at the bottom.

This is what it looks like (this was a trial set-up that's been much tarted up!) with the TV removed. You'll note the whole shooting match is removable thereby returning the partition to "as was" condition.
1729505397036.png

We also fitted a satellite dish and, initially, used a Manhattan SX Freesat tuner feeding the TV but our new TV has both Freeview (DVB-T2) and Freesat tuners built in. We also rerouted the cables through the hole under the downlighter that we removed as it was surplus to requirements.

We still have the overcab TV functionality but haven't used it for, probably, 6-7 years!

Hopefully, gives you some food for thought but give us a shout if any questions.

TCG

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
We have the original 2011 Autotrail dash EC. The radio is poor (poss the mirror protectors) and the CD/DVD doesn’t load. Sent it for repair and declared U/S etc., etc. Keen to maintain the feature and not wanting to go OTT on price, looked on usual site but only found one 2din set with all the features including an Analogue TV Function with areal socket. Trouble is with almost everything made we buy, it came from China with a problem now in dispute. It arrived with box and instructions in perfect English but minus the TV Socket with a silver sticker over it, despite it clearly shown on all the listings.
Question is what have others fitted as a 2Din unit? As mentioned we would like to maintain this feature and remove a large flat screen TV that restricts the bench seat, fitted by the previous Owner.
get rid of that rubbish and replace the factory fitted drop down TV with a 20 inch smart Xtrons monitor complete with blue tooth and all the TV apps, i then fitted a 12 volt Blue tooth sound bar.. so by passed the vehicle speakers... much better quality sound

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
TCG what size is that please and does it fit in the space ok?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
TCG what size is that please and does it fit in the space ok?
20 Inch.. and does not quite fit the plastic rise at the back, nearest the windscreen.. i offered the unit up and marked the rise, i then cut it out with a dremmel
happy to provide close up photos if required

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
TCG How did you route the aerial as my current one is connected my Xtrons media player.

My Xtrons unti works ok but I can't update it and playstore doesn't work because it won't run on the old android OS. A new tv would suit as I would be able to get netflix to work on it that way.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
TCG How did you route the aerial as my current one is connected my Xtrons media player.

My Xtrons unti works ok but I can't update it and playstore doesn't work because it won't run on the old android OS. A new tv would suit as I would be able to get netflix to work on it that way.
Would you connect a TV aerial to it?:unsure:

Would you just not wifi stream?:unsure:

TCG

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp

I do not have an Aerial i have Satellite connected.. BTBH we tend to stream via the MH MiFI

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back