Austria Vignette (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 2013
Hi
We are spending a couple of weeks of our summer trip in Austria this year
I know I need a vignette and they can be bought for different lengths of time etc
Does anyone know if they can be easily bought in shops and filling stations as you can entering Switzerland rather than prior to trip ?
Some of the info online seems a bit confusing, especially for a technophobe.

Grateful for any advice

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Hi
We are spending a couple of weeks of our summer trip in Austria this year
I know I need a vignette and they can be bought for different lengths of time etc
Does anyone know if they can be easily bought in shops and filling stations as you can entering Switzerland rather than prior to trip ?
Some of the info online seems a bit confusing, especially for a technophobe.

Grateful for any advice
You can get them sent to your house before you go as long as you know the dates you will be in Austria (I assume youā€™re under 3.5t) by using the website Toll-tickets, I used them every year when I went on the HarleyšŸ‘

Upvote 0
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
You can buy them online with an e one and at plenty of service stations in adjacent countries too as well as in Austria.You MUST get & display it before you go on any toll road or be liable. Lots of cameras watching you there.

Upvote 0
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
If you come down through Germany then many garages in the border Region sell them, and any ADAC shop......
Before I Switched to the annual sticker, I would fuel up just over the border in Austria and Pick up the Vignette at the same time......Austrian diesel is cheaper than German by the way....

Upvote 0
Jul 3, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato MWB, DIY :-)
Exp
10 years campervanning, 60+ camping
I believe you can get it as online only, registered against your number plate.
They are for set numbers of days, which means you can leave it until the day you need it. Thus you might get away with the 10 day one, if ,say, you were going in via Saltzburg for a couple of days, or pottering in the Tyrol without using the motorway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
We came over via Salzburg last week and there is mahoosive huge you cannot miss it vignette stopping point.

We decided to miss it and been quite happy on their excellent other roads.

2 weeks of 5 in Carinthia and the Karten card is worth considering if you're in that area. 84 euros for 5 weeks. We have managed 300 euros worth of value so far.

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We came over via Salzburg last week and there is mahoosive huge you cannot miss it vignette stopping point.

2 weeks of 5 in Carinthia and the Karten card is worth considering if you're in that area. 84 euros for 5 weeks. We have managed 300 euros worth of value so far.
Have you done the picture frame thing yet?

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
If you come down through Germany then many garages in the border Region sell them, and any ADAC shop......
Before I Switched to the annual sticker, I would fuel up just over the border in Austria and Pick up the Vignette at the same time......Austrian diesel is cheaper than German by the way....
Austrian diesel seen today at 1.53.
Easily gettable at 1.56

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Have you done the picture frame thing yet?
Not at faachersee yet.
Hammered it down, again, til 1500 so quick trip to Villach where we got lost coming out, again, but found a Billa which is nearly on a par with lidls šŸ˜‰

Tomorrow is a warm morning so either the wildlife park or the motor museum and we LL try the photo point

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
You might be interested in the current journal.
I ve just made it public.

Link incoming

Link arriving Blog 'Carinthia Throunal' https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/blog/carinthia-throunal.342/

In short there is a shed load of photos and bit of drivel written about each place. There are 28 in total so far and I would anticipate another 30 or so in this area of the map but heading to Spittal next week and going out towards the glossglockner after more Karten card freebies
Screenshot_2024-06-03-23-08-48-52_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Oct 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 2013
You can get them sent to your house before you go as long as you know the dates you will be in Austria (I assume youā€™re under 3.5t) by using the website Toll-tickets, I used them every year when I went on the HarleyšŸ‘
Cheers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Oct 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 2013
Cheers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Oct 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 2013
I believe you can get it as online only, registered against your number plate.
They are for set numbers of days, which means you can leave it until the day you need it. Thus you might get away with the 10 day one, if ,say, you were going in via Saltzburg for a couple of days, or pottering in the Tyrol without using the motorway.
Cheers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Oct 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 2013

Cheers

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back