LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
How do the scrotes open fiat's as transits. An all purpose key off flea bay?

They probabley use one of these, unlocking will turn of the alarm as a remote key fob would on most alarms:-

"TURBO PICK AND DECODER SIP22 TO SUIT FIAT
In stock

The original SIP22 Turbo Pick and Decoder is a high-precision tool specifically designed to help you open Fiat door and ignition lock in a few minutes. After opening the lock, you will be able to decode it, read the key combination and cut a key that will open and close the door locks and turn the ignition.

Ultra-reliable, it is the perfect solution for discerning locksmiths and auto locksmiths who love precision and no compromises in their car opening tools. Now with new manufacturing processes, fine modifications and superior components, you will enjoy increased precision and durability.

Features:
Open and decode door and ignition locks.
Key profile: SIP22."

1726249851247.png

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I'm wondering whether some Rivenut 8mm Inserts into the door pillar, with eyebolts would be a more secure option?

Internal or external deadlocks or both are a way more secure option, we have both, internal for night-time when on our van and external when leaving the van unattended.

Sep 5, 2024
In a tin box
Funster No
MH
Building a PVC
I didn't know about those keys.

I did read on here a few days ago about a vulnerability where they poke something in from the bottom of the door handle and can release the lock from there.

Have just ordered some inexpensive metal plates to prevent this, but might be worth having a look to see if there's a pinhole or scratch marks at the centre of the bottom of the door handle.

Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
We bought one of these ‘pedal guards’ for our 2011 AutoSleeper Symbol recently on the recommendation of a Funster. Very sturdy and easy to fit. They do them for various models.
Gives a bit more reassurance . . .

IMG_3560.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020
A possible solution to this is to disable / disconnect the rod that flips the central locking in the drivers door. We all have remotes to open the doors or can get in through the hab door. Fit a lock shield and stop the old screwdriver entry.
Maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sep 5, 2024
In a tin box
Funster No
MH
Building a PVC
See pics on post 1
Apologies, I somehow overlooked that you had already shown that the method of entry wasn't from the bottom of the handle.

Might still be worth investing in some of those metal plates though, unless you already have them.

I'm stunned at how cheap those keys are though.

The other thing that really surprises me is that the alarm didn't go off. When I first got my van I tried the spare key that came with it which isn't a remote fob but just a manual key and while it did unlock the door, the alarm went off (Citroen Relay panel van).

I'd actually quite like to know if there's a way of turning the alarm off with the manual key? Perhaps putting it in the ignition and turning it?

Yes, I know, I could just go and try it, except my fob has stopped working which is really annoying. New batteries didn't fix it so I'm having to use the manual key until I get that sorted (£300 to Citroen as the van's too new for any of the independents to touch it)

Anyway, I digress. I didn't mean to derail the thread. I also didn't know about the cable systems so I'm off to research those. I'm learning so much from this site. Well worth the subscription!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The other thing that really surprises me is that the alarm didn't go off.
It won't if a cloned key is used as it thinks it is correct
just a manual key and while it did unlock the door, the alarm went off (Citroen Relay panel van).
It shouldn't do that if it has a chip in it? Can you start the van with it?

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Sorry to hear.
The locks, even with deadlock, are easily bypassable - may be a tiny hole at the bottom of the keyed handle -and a simple tool/wire can unlock it.

You can install a steel plate inside/out to block this flaw - here is mine when I installed it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
It won't if a cloned key is used as it thinks it is correct

It shouldn't do that if it has a chip in it? Can you start the van with it?
You can use MultiECU scan to check how many keys are coded. Not sure how easy it is to clone a key if out of your possession?

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
If I could reduce the size of the cctv I would

I can't see what this is a reply to but, if it's about reducing the filesize of cctv footage, you can do it here online, for free...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back