Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
No charge. It was done by an enterprising centre manager during covid. He paid for it by getting grants and funding from council, police and crime commisioner and others.

View attachment 911080
A worthy recipient of an MBE methinks for services to the community.
And stops unoccupied shops being boarded up, but being put to a really good use as well as creating employment.
Nice one!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We fitted D locks through the frames and a cable lock to our bikes in Ambleside a while back when we were out for a meal. Time to leave and we couldn't unlock the cable lock on Val's bike, so ended up leaving it overnight. I went back the next morning armed with basic tools from the van and hacked through the cable which took about fifteen minutes, at no time did any of the hundreds of passers by even question me. 🤷‍♂️

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Nooooooooo.......................
Rip out their heart with a spoon!
( courtesy of Alan Rickman as the Sherrif of Nottingham in the film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.)
Edit: late to the post, as usual :LOL:
Burn them ……. But burn their faces first …….

( stolen from the Fast Show , sketches that never made the Final Cut , it was “ The King “ sketch . )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you for that. I have been looking for similar, problem is the cost is quite expensive for all I have but I would rather have my bikes back than try an insurance claim that will stipulate loads of caveats in to why they won't pay.
The cost of bikes is frightening when I read this.
I have replacement values of -
1) BMC road machine - 8k
2) Time trial machine - 5k
3) Gravel bike - 3k
4) Mountain bike- 2k
5) Nikkis e road bike 2.5k
6) two e bikes for motorhome - 4k
7) spare road bike for winter £1k

I have never thought of adding them up until now, a fellow triathlete friend of mine had his garage collection stolen from Runcorn and the only one he got back was his race bike which was GPS tracked.

I will see if they do some sort of deal,
Hand paint them all council yellow, nobody will steal them then.
We used to have a few problems with certain scum stealing our small Honda generators from sites, we hand painted them all green from new with a few splashes of black paint etc, this significantly reduced the resale value🙂

Feb 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
pilote diamond 783
Exp
2 years

New from Bosch , it’s an alarm and tracker embedded in the motor , I had it fitted last week , it tells you in real time of any interference with your bike via your smart phone .

I also have the LiteLok X3 , LiteLok Flex and Hiplock Gold chain plus two D locks to secure the front wheels of both bikes.
I also utilise black lockable zip ties in various areas of the bike .
Good point about choosing a suitable anchor point though .
is this only for the flow app. i have riese and mullersupercharger £7500. with the nyon display, seems bosch. are focused on flow app not on the premium display?

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I think Bosch are treating the Kiox display as their premium controller now paired with the flow app . I have a Nyon on my other bike ( really good controller ) .

May 15, 2020
York
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 709
Exp
Learning
Thanks for the message re Bosch flow, hopefully it works okay with my Trek Rail, which is Kiosk, I’ll put some feedback on here.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Always lock mine to something solid and you cannot do better than this massive bollard👍👍
E0BB6C67-757D-44C1-AF5E-938432770C62.jpeg

Oct 10, 2023
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9648DF
Exp
Since 2007
A shameless plug for my nephew's company - it won't stop your bike being stolen but may help getting it back.

If this is against the site rules just let me know and I'll remove the link
What a great idea!! And not a bad price either, cheaper mabe than insurance.

Jan 3, 2020
Mile Oak, Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 98
Exp
Since 2008

New from Bosch , it’s an alarm and tracker embedded in the motor , I had it fitted last week , it tells you in real time of any interference with your bike via your smart phone .

I also have the LiteLok X3 , LiteLok Flex and Hiplock Gold chain plus two D locks to secure the front wheels of both bikes.
I also utilise black lockable zip ties in various areas of the bike .
Good point about choosing a suitable anchor point though .
What is the cost of this Bosch fitment?
Cheers

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I take all the precautions above (I use 2 Litelocks) then loosen the handbar clamp.I've swapped out the retaining bolts for a couple requiring unusual bits. Takes me 10 secs to tighten them up again with the right tool but if anyone tries to cycle off they are likely to lose a testicle 0.5sec before eating tarmac.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back