Jun

Rally ASHBOURNE HEIGHTS CARAVAN PARK, FENNY BENTLEY, ASHBOURNE, DERBYS.DE6 1LE (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can we be assured that he won't be transporting the gin bar to any rallies he gets onto.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Whilst I appreciate that it could be argued that a motorhome is a motor CARAVAN,
how many axles does a tag axle motorhome have?
I will, however, contact the site and raise the issue. I do not anticipate a problem.

Watch this>>>>(. ) space. (y)

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
On there website it says no twin axel caravans
In anything other than a straight line, (forwards or reverse) the twin axles on a caravan work against each other, thereby causing damage to the grass pitches. Tandem axled MHs are much less damaging unless on full lock. Maybe that's why tandem axled MHs are not excluded.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Or it could be, like our French cousins, they are seeking to discourage certain members of the towing community. :whistle2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Thanks for the info Derek.
I would be happy to pay the full 7 days even though I could only do 5 of the 7
Why not liaise with, nanniemate, (I think it was her) who was enquiring about just doing the weekend. Perhaps you could split the week IF Emmit approves and it is possible by the site management?

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Would you put us down for EHU please?

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
alarm is set to confirm our requirements. Hope you are both well.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
A tandem axled MH has 3 x axles Derek, 1 x front, 1 x intermediate, and 1 x rear, the latter two being close coupled.
A tag axle is one that can be raised.

Cheers,

Jock. :)
It was put in the post as a rhetorical question. Having said that, I dare say there are many motorhomers, including Funsters, who would describe their van as 'tag axle' when thy don't have the ability in raising one of the rear ones
IE. I know that a tag axle motorhome is not a twin axle caravan, but, as said, and in order to prevent any confusion or argument, before the start day of the rally being bookable, I will contact the site.
Might I request that anyone who has a tag or triple axled van DO NOT contact the site.
You can be assured that now the subject has been raised, I have the matter in hand.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
0C6AC30E-C286-4675-9971-54A4AEF0350A.jpeg

Apr 29, 2019
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper, Corilliam
Exp
since 2002
yes,us to aswell Brian, Hope we get on list as we won't the follow like you.just have to have the fingers ready on Sunday

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thanks for the question.

We will do the same as all other rallies we have run, ie. Funsters should post ON HERE!!! After 7.00pm on Sunday for a place.

I could only have nightmares at the thought that they post anywhere else. :Eeek:
PS.
I will indicate this on the OP for avoidence of doubt. (y)

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Can you add us on the list none ehu

yes,us to aswell Brian, Hope we get on list as we won't the follow like you.just have to have the fingers ready on Sunday

Come on people,the instructions on how to join this rally are clearly set out in the first post! Expressing an interest won't make the slightest difference as to whether you get on it or not,it is up to you.

We run a small caravan owners group and like Emmit it takes a great deal of time and effort to find sites,book them and make all the arrangements so the least people could do is read and follow the instructions at the beginning of the thread,keeping it clear for the important stuff !

Last edited:

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
The important question is whether Emmit has booked sunny weather, as in the cyclist photo, or merely overcast weather, as in the trying not to get feet wet photo? If the former, when bookings open, the solar panel users can have a cheapskate pitch, but with the latter it could be stretching the battery to hope for a week without the still rather nicely priced hook up pitch.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Update re. 'Tag Axles'

This morning I spoke to a lady in 'Central Reservations' for the parent Co. who now own Ashbourne Heights.
(this Co. bought the site after I booked the rally)
I brought the enquiry to her attn. She stated that, " A lot of their 'new sites' seem to have their own rules"

She has sent an urgent email to Ashbourne Heights (it will be appreciated that at this time year, it would be difficult to get someone to answer the phone) to clarify the position. She is aware that time is of the essence and will inform me at first inst. by phone, and/or email.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Further to the question raised by denisejoe on 3rd January (post 34)

Today, I have spoken to the site manager at Ashbourne Heights. He was the gentleman with whom I made the initial booking of the rally.
I raised the query eventually identified by the above Funster.

He assured me that there would be no problem with motorhomes having more than one rear axle attending the rally.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back