Are all new Swift Kontiki blinds faulty/creased? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 12, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift
Hi all,

Can I ask if anyone with a Swift Kontiki 2023 onwards has noticed their front window blind is excessively creased.

Long story short, the dealer reported the creased blind to me as part of the "pre inspection check" a day before we collected our new Kontiki. One of the numerous faults that would be fixed under warranty I was told. This is another long drawn out story for another time.

We waited the long lead time (with any warranty parts it appears from Swift it appears) and I took it in to be fitted.

Waiting for 4 hours for the privilege only for it to be fitted with a blind that was more creased than the one that was replaced. Someone didn't have the sense to question this and just fitted a brand new creased blind "because it was on the jobsheet".

I've now been told by the dealer they are all like this and it's Swifts bad parts so there is nothing they can do.

So anyone out there with good front blinds?

We've had a Swift van before and it was fine so this isn't a Swift bashing exercise I just want to know if this is true or if we're being fobbed off.

Edit: for clarity here is the response from the dealer

Following your visit to us last weekend our parts team have been looking into the issue with the cab windscreen blind.

Having looked at several other vehicles we have on site and swift parts, we have found that all of these blinds are creased the same as the replacement on your vehicle. This is due to the way they are manufactured from Swift and is unavoidable. Therefore another replacement blind would be exactly the same as the one you currently have.

I am sorry we could not provide you with a different response on this

Thanks

Last edited:
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
They must have all the original parts that have been removed/replaced and have recorded the service correctly any reputable garage is competent at doing this and is happy to discuss with you all the procedures they follow.
You should always be able to see any parts that are removed and replaced, but if its a brand new vehicle often ther are servicing packages available which can make it easier

I wonder if leasing motorhomes will ever become the norm?
As an Ex. Garage Owner and knowing how manufacturer' work I can assure anybody if can avoid paying they will, I was the Renault Truck Service point for the IP postcode in Suffolk,which, stretches from Lowestoft that's to Norfolk border, then as far as Thetford,and Colchester, when Claiming payment if they could avoid payment they would,and I was a Garage!!

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
As an Ex. Garage Owner and knowing how manufacturer' work I can assure anybody if can avoid paying they will, I was the Renault Truck Service point for the IP postcode in Suffolk,which, stretches from Lowestoft that's to Norfolk border, then as far as Thetford,and Colchester, when Claiming payment if they could avoid payment they would,and I was a Garage!!
Have said before about a mate of mine, spent a fortune setting up in a yard with big unit to service excavators he was awarded the area dealership for.
He made a good job of looking after customers but ultimately it was the manufacturer who refused to pay most of his warranty claims, as he knew most of his customers he felt obliged to sort their breakdowns out asap to get them back working then argue the claims after unfortunately the manufacturer thought different ☹️☹️
Shame as they were a good machine and I had 2 new ones from him, was the only 2 I bought as went to a different manufacturer then.

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
When I called swift, they said for the first 3 years from new it is better to take it back to the dealer. Swift would simply refer you to the dealership.
We decided that even at £100k that Swift is a second rate company and their pretend A class top of the range motorhomes are actually third rate pieces of excrement.
I sold my 6 million pound business in January and have more than enough money to take this lump of GRP scrap to beachyhead, shove it in auto drive and film it driving over the edge of a 200 ft drop. Then getting the film on every news channel going.
There needs to be a fast track system to Sue the rear off any company who puts out dodgy items that are sent back for warranty work. On the third return within 1 year you should be refunded or the whole unit replaced and on every replacement the warranty starts anew.
People less fortunate than I have worked hard for many years and have saved every penny for a Moho, looking forward to taking kids and grandkids to special places for that most precious thing, family time, some just to meet up with friends, others to have romantic weekends by the sea. Then comes along the poor cheap design of a Swift and your dreams are in tatters. It’s not right. It is simply not right.
Back to Lowdhams on Friday, last time, for I’ve arranged servicing and Habitation service elsewhere, any more warranty work, and it’s gone, whoosh, never to be seen again..
We started off with a Dethleffs, then a Hymer, then made a mistake and bought a Swift, after many warranty issues I sold it after 18 months, and bought a Hobby, and then a Burstner. We had a few issues with the Burstner which were solved by the dealer, but nothing like the problems with the Swift.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Sadly customers don't care if you (the garage) get paid as long as they have proof of work
I have had new cars but never a new van (unlikely to ever have one)
HYUNDI & honda dealers no issues and never whinged about not getting paid but did explain the hoops and records they needed to supply.as proof of claim
Their both still trading. But perhaps that's due to the quality vehicles they supply 🤔
Honda had more complaints about removing the free-flowing coffee machine than any work they did .
So they reinstated it on a token collected from reception ....stopped the staff drinking it :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
Sadly customers don't care if you (the garage) get paid as long as they have proof of work
I have had new cars but never a new van (unlikely to ever have one)
HYUNDI & honda dealers no issues and never whinged about not getting paid but did explain the hoops and records they needed to supply.as proof of claim
Their both still trading. But perhaps that's due to the quality vehicles they supply 🤔
Honda had more complaints about removing the free-flowing coffee machine than any work they did .
So they reinstated it on a token collected from reception ....stopped the staff drinking it :rofl:
I resent whing a it's aimed probably at me, I was on here saying that's what happens, I had not said this to my customers.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I resent whing a it's aimed probably at me, I was on here saying that's what happens, I had not said this to my customers.
No it was not meant at you at all . If I wasn't getting paid I'd be whinging and not doing the work like I said sadly the customer doesn't care if the garage got paid. I certainly don't it never crossed my mind . I took it I for servicing and that was it. Honda paid the bill as far as I was concerned. And if they didn't not my problem.
I was offered a contract a few months ago from an organisation who had bought out a client who paid within 7 days of invoice. I didn't like their terms so I turned it down.
I had a job done a few weeks ago would not paid until it was completed. The contracter claimed if he did not take money home wife would divorce him.
My response finish the job get paid. Your marriage not my problem
None of my clients give a monkies if I get paid. Its not their problem

Upvote 0
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
No it was not meant at you at all . If I wasn't getting paid I'd be whinging and not doing the work like I said sadly the customer doesn't care if the garage got paid. I certainly don't it never crossed my mind . I took it I for servicing and that was it. Honda paid the bill as far as I was concerned. And if they didn't not my problem.
I was offered a contract a few months ago from an organisation who had bought out a client who paid within 7 days of invoice. I didn't like their terms so I turned it down.
I had a job done a few weeks ago would not paid until it was completed. The contracter claimed if he did not take money home wife would divorce him.
My response finish the job get paid. Your marriage not my problem
None of my clients give a monkies if I get paid. Its not their problem
I take a different view , I like to think people stay in business by being paid,I do care that business owners I know personally survive.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I take a different view , I like to think people stay in business by being paid,I do care that business owners I know personally survive.
Unfortunately being bottom of the chain when organisations have gone under because they claim not to have been paid by lager organisations they never paid me or my colleagues and the client just found someone else what we like to think would happen and reality dont always match. Even if I wasn't paid I paid my contractors
Even when they knew I had not been paid they still took the cash
They were feeding their family not mine 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back