Rally [Apr 2, 2015] Chester Food Festival 2015 (Chester) (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Finger problems or computer proms not sure which, but if you have the cake we have the coffee!! My favourites are lemon drizzle or the classicWelsh Barabriff. Daiboy and Mary Ann

Morning Daiboy, lots of ideas will be tossing in the air over the next few weeks. (y)

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
thanks Jim, Carol and Eddie. Just booked and filled Fun form in. Bit surprised that caravan+car get in cheaper than a Mhome as we take up 1/2 the space:cool:however the discount makes up for it:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
1 Carol and Eddie - Rally Marshals
2 Jim and Siân
3 BreweryDave
4 Dogeared
5 hilldweller
6 gloworm
7 Barney23
8 Terry
9 DavidG58
10 PJs
11 Shazrick
12 whingyraindrop
13 mto
14 lomramh
15 toledo
16 Techno100 - keeper of the list (updated every 5)
17 Wildge
18 steelysteph
19 panda
20 Sunrise Explorer
21 Neilfg
22 Lyngary
23 Electraglide
24 Brian and Jo
25 old-mo
26 Daiboy
27 haganap
28 drago35uk
29 Janine
30 Brooksy
31 PAGR
32 vin0114
33 Encantador
34 ............

PLEASE refer to first post for booking details HERE

marrod23

Free Member
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
There is an option to have electric so why should others have to put up with the noise of a generator?
Each to their own I say will they be banning noisy children as well my motto to life is live & let live in moderation we could all go on forever about likes & dislikes when it comes to camping I would never complain about anyone when it comes to camping bring back the days when it meant just that nowadays instead of sitting in their gin palaces moaning about the next door neighbour Rant Over happy travels & a Happy Xmas to all

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
my motto to life is live & let live in moderation

That's what we are debating. A generator with inconsiderate owner is gruesome. Constant background drone modulated by the load on it. I used our generator once at a meet and it annoyed me so much I sold it after the meet.

Chester is a grand city, steeped in history. The venue is just about perfect to shake off the winter blues. We did treat ourselves to Cappuccinos in the top hotel there and came away £20 poorer. It was worth it to see all the kids trying to impress, skirts like handkerchiefs, heels that needed parachutes. A boat trip with commentary is a good guide to the past. A Ghost Walk can make the faint-hearted tremble. Loads of assorted foods and drinks. From where you live you get the delights of Wales en-route.

Who cares about a single rule on generators.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Each to their own I say will they be banning noisy children as well my motto to life is live & let live in moderation we could all go on forever about likes & dislikes when it comes to camping I would never complain about anyone when it comes to camping bring back the days when it meant just that nowadays instead of sitting in their gin palaces moaning about the next door neighbour Rant Over happy travels & a Happy Xmas to all
For the cost in fuel and a reasonably quiet generator you could fit 2 x 100w panels that would keep your bats healthy with reasonable use.

marrod23

Free Member
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
For the cost in fuel and a reasonably quiet generator you could fit 2 x 100w panels that would keep your bats healthy with reasonable use.
Yep agree but I have had a Honda generator for 12 years & am a hard up pensioner so can't afford solar panels i'm afraid but generally I stay on c/c sites with electric & Benidorm in the winter has lots of sun but I also have electric on site there so like I said each to their own & I must add that the mobile catering business I was in for 20 years I used Honda generators & swear by them so I suppose I am a bit bias cheers Rod

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yep agree but I have had a Honda generator

Honda, unfortunately many don't have Honda.

But Solar cost. Provided you are not geared to using mains electric it's amazing how much you save saying no EHU. Around £150 for DIY 100W solar. It can pay back pretty quickly. Two months to Morocco and back this year we only hooked up if it was included as a non option. That would just about pay for the solar.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Personally generators don't bother me, the only time I notice them is when they switch off and then the silence is lovely, but believe that many need them to enjoy their holiday. Generators didn't bother me at Chester because I was parked near the toilets which was really convenient. That generator was running all the time and the bright lights outside it shone onto my van .... it was a necessary power ...

The city of Chester was lovely as ever, there was a choice of other activities within the city which is good as the food fair was expensive, and wouldn't let one rule put me off going.... lovely walks along the river, great photo opportunities, good friends, lots of reasonably priced eating places, ghost walk was amusing if you choose the right tour guide, well worth the visit. :)

marrod23

Free Member
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Honda, unfortunately many don't have Honda.

But Solar cost. Provided you are not geared to using mains electric it's amazing how much you save saying no EHU. Around £150 for DIY 100W solar. It can pay back pretty quickly. Two months to Morocco and back this year we only hooked up if it was included as a non option. That would just about pay for the solar.
Don't get me wrong if I was to buy a new van now I would have it geard up for solar energy but I do think that by the time you have bought the solar panel+extra battery +inverter it would cost maybe more than £150 maybe i'm wrong cheers Rod

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I do think that by the time you have bought the solar panel+extra battery +inverter it would cost maybe more than £150 maybe i'm wrong cheers Rod

Extra battery + inverter, yes, that would cost more. Approx same again. We just have one leisure battery and a 300W inverter that does not get much use, charging laptop or bike batteries. That lasts us 2-3 days in winter 4-5 days in summer. It all depends on your use, we manage a movie most nights on that. Lighting is very little drain and heating is variable.

geoffles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Trafford Park
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Thinking of going :) just checking dates with the boss, this would be our first rally, do you guys park near to each other or are we scattered around, i would like electric hook up if we go. So fingers crossed.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
All Funsters are parked together if that is what you mean? be sure to select motorhome FUN as the group when you book.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thinking of going :) just checking dates with the boss, this would be our first rally, do you guys park near to each other or are we scattered around, i would like electric hook up if we go. So fingers crossed.

Hi Fun are parked together except for those wanting electric hook ups we can not guarante that those on the electric hook ups are directly parked by Fun.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
All Funsters are parked together if that is what you mean? be sure to select motorhome FUN as the group when you book.

Andy, I don't think anybody taking electrics will be parked with us, unless you know something different, that was the point of my post early on in this thread, to warn new members, or others who have not been to Chester before about the separation we had this year (y)

edit - double post with Carol, same info

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I thought they were going to better organise it next time? but I see what you're both saying

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
At the moment Camperfest are running a Competion on Face Book for free tickets if any one on FB can put a link so any funsters not on FB can enter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back