Anyone with a Hymer on a 2022-2023 Fiat base & 9 speed auto (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Last thing first, check my sig.

And the question, as in the subject. Has anyone got a Hymer 2022-2023 on a Fiat base with the 9 speed auto box? The dealer (in Finland) has been repeating that they haven't had any Hymers (and another brand, can't remember, might've been Pössl) on that base since all the pandemic+component shortage s**t began. Starting to get a little p****d of this waiting.

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
I'm sorry for you, it's a long wait.
The automatic vans were having the biggest delays, I'm not sure if it's really improved.
It seems that they do not have an alternative supplier for the smaller camper vans (Citroën, Peugeot...)
I hope it is sorted out soon.

Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
All manufacturers have problems with vans on the Fiat chassis.
It is not just the manufactures who have problems wiith the Fiat chassis.

Customers have problems as well. Ours was off the road for two months. Turned out to be a silly thing which should never have got out of the factory. (even if it was a Friday) :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
It is not just the manufactures who have problems wiith the Fiat chassis.

Customers have problems as well. Ours was off the road for two months. Turned out to be a silly thing which should never have got out of the factory. (even if it was a Friday) :mad:
What happened?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I wonder if the Fiat Ducato delays are partly due to the change over from the old 2.3 litre diesel engine to the new 2.2 litre diesel engine? The new engine was launched in 2021.

One motorhome manufacturer seems to be optimistic about future Ducato deliveries, Carthago has just opened a new Malibu Van factory in Slovenia with a capacity of 3,000 vans p.a. This is in addition to their existing Slovenian plant which will now concentrate on Integrated (A Class) and Semi-Integrated motorhomes. I can’t see them spending 50 million Euros if they hadn’t got some assurances from Fiat about future vehicle supplies.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The start stop went start STOP in the middle lane of a busy motorway.

Only took weeks to get it sorted.

But, I do like the 9 speed auto.
Stop start is also an option on manual boxes. So not necessity an issue with the auto box. Although I think stop start is mandatory if you go for the auto.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back