Anyone Using the INSTA360 GO2 Camera? (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
My INSTA360 Go2 camera has been languishing in the bottom of a box for a while so I thought I'd get it out and charge it up :)

Anyone using these tiny cameras? Any success or otherwise or, is it like mine, rarely seeing the light of day? Last time I used mine the thing wouldn't shoot more than 7mins 'ish before overheating!!

Interested :) !

InvictaMoto

Free Member
Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Gulp! How much? I watch a few vloggers and the cost of these things seems to be very high!

I have borrowed my brothers GoPro Hero. It has no numbers on it so I guess it's first gen. As well as being a PITA to attached to the front window it's another PITA to keep it running before it switches itself off or the battery runs out.

I doubt I'll be joining the YouTubers any time soon...... ;)

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
"the cost of these things seems to be very high"!
The cost is very high, I agree, particularly when they don't work properly - aka 'overheating'.
I have borrowed my brothers GoPro Hero. It has no numbers on it so I guess it's first gen. As well as being a PITA to attached to the front window it's another PITA to keep it running before it switches itself off or the battery runs out.

I doubt I'll be joining the YouTubers any time soon...... ;)
I believe the latest models of the GoPro's also shutdown due to overheating!

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I have an Apeman A87, the screen shuts down after a few minutes to save battery but it keeps recording.

Here's a clip I recorded with it mounted on my motorcycle.

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Unfortunately, upping the video quality by increasing the frame rate & higher resolution produces heat! Maybe my Insta would benefit from being on a bike with a good airflow cooling it - the Insta360 Go2 does produce quite good video at 1440 Pro Mode but what's the point when the darn thing overheats and shuts-down?

I see Insta360 have produced a newer model - the Insta360 Go3, it's slightly larger than the Go2 but, according to reviews on Youtube it doesn't overheat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Unfortunately, upping the video quality by increasing the frame rate & higher resolution produces heat! Maybe my Insta would benefit from being on a bike with a good airflow cooling it - the Insta360 Go2 does produce quite good video at 1440 Pro Mode but what's the point when the darn thing overheats and shuts-down?

I see Insta360 have produced a newer model - the Insta360 Go3, it's slightly larger than the Go2 but, according to reviews on Youtube it doesn't overheat.
It sounds like it's not fit for purpose, have you contacted the seller?

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
It sounds like it's not fit for purpose, have you contacted the seller?
My inactivity cost me :( I probably intended to but chucked it in a box and forgot!

Many companies (Chinese) like DJI drone manufactures are in a race to get their products to market to beat the competition BUT, at the cost of reliability often fixed later by firmware/software/bug fixes updates.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back