Anyone Taken their MH to Glastonbury recently? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

FEC

Apr 23, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
6 months into the adventure
Afternoon all,
Just wondering if anyone has taken their MH to Glastonbury in the last few years?
I have never been -though always fancied it but all the mud and tents just put me off.
Now I have the MH I'm thinking that it might be an option if I can wrangle some tickets.
I know there is a field for MHs but wondering if anyone has booked it and if so whether you would go back?
Still just pondering the idea -and practicalities. I know tickets are hard to get etc.
But if anyone has been in the ticket mosh pit and knows the process for getting a MH booking after getting tickets, it would be
great to hear your insights. đź‘Ť

OP
OP
FEC

FEC

Apr 23, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
I’ve been twice and would go again if the wife was up for it
Says it’s too crowded for her
It’s not if you want to go it’s if you can get tickets
You have to pre register too
Get main tickets then try for Motorhome ones later
Enjoy if you go
Yes tickets seem to be a lottery and thanks for the info re pre registration.
I'd probably not be fussed if I hadn't been before -but its just one of those things I'd like to tick off -esp given the prospect of some level of relative comfort/privacy. thanks again for the feedback (y)

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Friends of mine go most years in their LWB Crafter based MH. They went again this year, and they love it.
Other folk in our owner's group took their LWB VW Transporter campervan this year. They said they were near entrance C, and a "short walk in Glastonbury terms" to the stages. They also said they'd had a great time.

Too big an event for me. In the photos I saw of the VW pitched up there, space looked extremely tight and I would have been concerned on safety grounds as well as not liking to be parked up cheek by jowl when away. But those I know who go have all said it's fantastic, and the vans make it a nicer experience especially if the weather is iffy.

Reactions: FEC
Upvote 0
OP
OP
FEC

FEC

Apr 23, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
Thanks for this and good tip re the location -if I do get tickets that might be a good place to aim for. Yes it might well be a bit claustrophobic in the parking -but less so than the tent arrangements by the photos I've seen -way to cosy for me never mind trying to navigate your way back in the dark!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back