Anyone seen a OBD2 port diagnostic tool that can be locked into place (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
i'd make an 'obd lock that had sufficient space to incorporate the plug & then cut a slot & lock in position.But then I can. Are you handy with your hands?

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Another approach (same effect) is to use an obd splitter. Put obd reader in hidden arm (super glue in place if required)(edit not whole tube.) and 2nd arm in std place use obd2 lock. Obd2 splitters are available in 2 forms
1 a dummy cable with std connector but only 12v 0v connected.
2 std Y cable, only first connected has full 2 way obd2 connectivity, 2nd is read only. Use obd2 lock on this, hide first.

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning šŸ˜Š
Carista specifically recommend that you do NOT leave the OBD reader in place all the time.

Constant interrogation of the ECU's can cause some of the vehicle systems to get very confused.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I removed my OBD port from its original position and fitted a dummy OBD in its place and fitted an OBD lock to the dummy OBD port.
My real OBD port is squirrelled away and has a VGate ICar Pro OBD reader permanently fitted to it.
I have the Torque Pro app on both my phone and the vans radio/headunit so I can read fault codes and sort any/most problems in a very short space of time.

1727612374916.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back