Anyone own a B62 and can comment how wide it is? (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2024
Funster No
MH
just-looking
A Bailey B62 is on my short list of my first campervan/motorhome. But the spec has it listed as 2.49m wide which is huge. Does anyone know why the quoted width is so much, I can't believe that it's wider than your average motorhome, let along campervan.

And if anyone does have one, what do you think of them?

Thanks

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
A Bailey B62 is on my short list of my first campervan/motorhome. But the spec has it listed as 2.49m wide which is huge. Does anyone know why the quoted width is so much, I can't believe that it's wider than your average motorhome, let along campervan.

And if anyone does have one, what do you think of them?

Thanks
Bailey Endevour B62 PVC Ford Transit based?
If so it is as wide as a Ford Transit, look up the basic Ford Transit spec for the year of manufacture.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
matth
Mar 31, 2024
Funster No
MH
just-looking
Didn't bother to look it up didn't know it was a PVC.
Looked it up and I came up with 2.5m must be with mirrors as a Trannie is 2.06 without mirrors.
Thanks, that makes sense. I’ll leave it on my short list to go and look at then.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We have a 2012 Bailey 620. It is 2.42 wide which is wider than a lot of motorhomes but have never found it a problem. We have travelled across France, Italy, mainland Greece, Spain amd Portugal where there are small villages and narrow roads and with planning, use of maps as well as satnav have not had a problem. The one time we did, in Wales, was a result of a mistake of turning down a lane which warned about trucks and caravans and not motorhomes. But most of the time it’s been no different to driving our car.

Upvote 0
May 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Pending Purchase
Thanks, that makes sense. I’ll leave it on my short list to go and look at then.

It's 205 wide without the mirrors and 248 with the mirrors. We went to see the B62 a few weeks ago, it's a really nice van but we decided that at 6m it's a little long for a daily driver for us.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
We have the older Bailey class - 66-2 on the peugeot chassic, coachbuilt not PVC and it is 2.5 metres wide. Its honestly not caused myself the main driver any real issues to date (touching wood) including parking at supermarkets many times (in a single space). The trick is parking the passenger side right to a wall on a corner as then you can overhang the space without blocking anyones access.... The joy of this is the insides fit a full 6"2 across the cab in a transverse bed. I found I couldnt get on with any PVC where the bed wasn't lenthways and long, as transverse beds I couldn't fit in bed without curling on side.

It isnt a daily driver, but we have no qualms about going to near any Tesco or Lidl with it. Aldi is more difficult around here as their carparks (in their newer stores). The 6m Baileys from even 2 years ago coachbuilt fit in a normal Tesco space fine, but you'll need to be careful around door clearance opening door, hab door is easier to get out of. The 6m Baileys that are available are about same length as some of the transits you see on road. We almost got a (newer) 6m Bailey model but the extra half meter on the 6.6 allowed a far better bathroom in our opinion.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back