Anyone on here?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
So..... what happened ???
Probably hydro locked, for those not familiar with the term it means water was sucked into the air intake, water is not as compressible as air so stops the engine dead, the worst case scenario is bent con rods or worse and best case scenario is remove injectors or gloplugs and spin the engine over until the water is expelled. Either way it probably won't be cheap.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696F
Exp
4yrs
Probably hydro locked, for those not familiar with the term it means water was sucked into the air intake, water is not as compressible as air so stops the engine dead, the worst case scenario is bent con rods or worse and best case scenario is remove injectors or gloplugs and spin the engine over until the water is expelled. Either way it probably won't be cheap.
when that happens..... you stop !!!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
when that happens..... you stop !!!
Depends on how quickly you can dip the clutch, there may be a little forward momentum, I used to do a bit of off roading in a 4x4, i've witnessed two hydro locking events, on both occasions they got away with removing the glow plugs and spinning the engine to expel the water after having been towed out of the water feature they'd entered. We always went off road in a group and between us had sufficient tools and spares to fix just about anything.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Older Ducato/Boxer the air intake is at the front and just above the height of the tip of my red arrow - and so the driver is a nob head......

If I was stuck in a remote emergency situation then it takes two minutes to remove the air intake pipe and effectively raise air intake point by probably 6 inches and moves intake point to rear of engine and not front slam.
panel.

Screenshot_20241024-122104.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back