Anyone interested in Easter Ski holiday in 2025 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
As a ski instructor, I have been organising a family group ski holiday for up to 60 people since 2005 - made up from family, friends, work colleagues etc. It is organised by me on behalf of the group members on a goodwill/ trust basis.

The resort used is Passo Tonale in Italy, a high level snow sure resort offering great beginner/intermediate skiing as well as good advanced and off piste - with one of the longest black runs in Europe. It also has excellent glacier skiing.

The package provided includes doorstep skiing from a 3 star hotel, half board accommodation, 6 day ski pass, airport coach transfers and free instruction by me for adult beginners. Children can access the local ski school.There is also a ski kindergarten for the very young.

We fly into Milan Malpensa Airport and meet up there. Currently we fly with EasyJet from Edinburgh and London although Group
Members can fly from anywhere and meet up for the coach transfer. The flights are booked by members direct and are not part of the package.

It is a great week involving a lovely group of responsible people.

If interested and would like more details just email me direct on james.breen729@btinternet.com

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Should have said that my wife and I travel to Tonale as part of a longer tour in our motorhome and meet up with the group. We park our vehicle up for the week and stay in the hotel. The dates are Sat 5 - Sat 12 April 2025.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
This could well be if interest. My wife stopped skiing a couple of years ago after breaking her shoulder. I went this year with a facebook group of over a hundred people, I found it much better than I had expected. I will email you for details. Cheers, Malcolm

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
What’s the age ranges on this please?

My son has found skiing a couple of years ago as his football career drops from pro to non league to 3rd 4th tier football. He’s 30, is that too young for the group? He’s going two to four weeks a season now, so has the bug!

He’s annoyingly good at everything so has progressed very quickly and would be more interested in skiing black/off piste..

Let me know some more details assuming he’s the correct demographic and I shall pass them on….

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We skied Paso Tonale back in the eighties and went back there summertime about 6 years ago in the van. The place was basically shut up, except for the main lift and the cafe next to it was full of builders and sparky's doing renovations, but we were pleased we called by.
When skiing, we were DB&B, but went out for pizza the night calf's brains were on the menu !
First time I'd ever received bubble gum instead of change when shopping !
My skiing days are probably over, but it's a resort I would go back to for snow, especially late season with the glacier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi James, we could be interested in this. We’ve not skied for 8/10 years but doing some blues sounds attractive. I’ll send an email 👍

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
What’s the age ranges on this please?

My son has found skiing a couple of years ago as his football career drops from pro to non league to 3rd 4th tier football. He’s 30, is that too young for the group? He’s going two to four weeks a season now, so has the bug!

He’s annoyingly good at everything so has progressed very quickly and would be more interested in skiing black/off piste..

Let me know some more details assuming he’s the correct demographic and I shall pass them on….
Hi,
The profile of the group ranges from young kids through to pensioners like me - although the majority is in between! No problem then to fit in.
If you could email me on James.breen729@btinternet.com I will send you full details.
Jim

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
We skied Paso Tonale back in the eighties and went back there summertime about 6 years ago in the van. The place was basically shut up, except for the main lift and the cafe next to it was full of builders and sparky's doing renovations, but we were pleased we called by.
When skiing, we were DB&B, but went out for pizza the night calf's brains were on the menu !
First time I'd ever received bubble gum instead of change when shopping !
My skiing days are probably over, but it's a resort I would go back to for snow, especially late season with the glacier.
Yes a great high late season resort and much modernised since the 80’s
There is also a new Aire for Motorhomes. Perfect marked bays asphalt parking, 16 amp hook up, toilets and showers accessed by code and an indoor motorhome service area for water, grey and black waste. It also opens up via code! Absolutely superb and 200metres to the slopes. 20Euros/night or £15 without electric/ services.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Yes a great high late season resort and much modernised since the 80’s
There is also a new Aire for Motorhomes. Perfect marked bays asphalt parking, 16 amp hook up, toilets and showers accessed by code and an indoor motorhome service area for water, grey and black waste. It also opens up via code! Absolutely superb and 200metres to the slopes. 20Euros/night or £15 without electric/ services.
That’s interesting. Do you know how many spaces there are and is it bookable or just turn up ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
That’s interesting. Do you know how many spaces there are and is it bookable or just turn up ?
From memory I would guess around 20 places. You just turn up and get access through the gate via a terminal and pay by card or paper cash (20 Euros/night) There is also a parking area outside the barrier which can take I guess 12 vehicles. That cost 15 Euros/ night but no access to any services inside as it needs the code. You can find it with photos on Camper Contact app. A great spot!

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
From memory I would guess around 20 places. You just turn up and get access through the gate via a terminal and pay by card or paper cash (20 Euros/night) There is also a parking area outside the barrier which can take I guess 12 vehicles. That cost 15 Euros/ night but no access to any services inside as it needs the code. You can find it with photos on Camper Contact app. A great spot!
Apologies the aire is not shown in Camper Contact now but you can find it on Park4Night app with photos as below.

IMG_2572.png

IMG_2573.png

IMG_2571.jpeg

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Hi,

I can’t find it on park4night !
Just checked again on my iPad. If you open the map and find a place called Edolo North of Bergamo and open up map to show Ponti Di Legno - Passo Tonale is east of it by a couple of miles. The other way is to type in Edolo in the ‘Around a Place’ search and when map opens move east across to Ponti Di Legno and Passo Tonale next to it. For some reason both of these do not come up in the search. Ponti is an adjoining ski resort with Tonale and has a nice aire too - but not beside the pistes if you are a skier.

The Motorhome icon should show and allow you to open. The photos above are taken from park4night today.

Oct 22, 2023
Rowley Regis, West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
AT F60 on order
Exp
Awaiting delivery of new MH, ordered at NEC Oct 2023
We went to Passo Tonale the first week of Feb as it was one of the only places with snow, but there wasn't loads. They had great snowfall in April. It was 12-15° in the afternoons & we were roasting!

Great resort for all abilities with lots of short & long runs. Valbiolo was one of our favourites.

I still look at the webcams every day to see the landscape without snow, see below,

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
We went to Passo Tonale the first week of Feb as it was one of the only places with snow, but there wasn't loads. They had great snowfall in April. It was 12-15° in the afternoons & we were roasting!

Great resort for all abilities with lots of short & long runs. Valbiolo was one of our favourites.

I still look at the webcams every day to see the landscape without snow, see below,
Yeah great resort for all levels and families as well as some fabulous off piste for those capable - with the bonus of a glacier area, so always able to ski! Our group had the pleasure of that great snowfall in April - a common occurrence there even in these times. Not the prettiest of places when the snow is gone - but that is often the case in ski resorts!

Our group numbers are rising steadily for next April so if anyone is interested let me know.

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back