Any storage in Suffolk?? (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Hi, newbie here - just getting into motor-homing

(I was gonna say #vanlife but I'm not sure that's quite what I mean... maybe it is...)

Anyhoo, my immediate concern is that all the storage sites around Ipswich seem fully booked. The nearest one I've found with space is 45 miles away!

I guess I probably want a CaSSOA-approved site for peace-of-mind and lower insurance??

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks!

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Burnt Farm Cottage as per your other thread !! Nice little cheap CL aswell. Not been for a couple of years, might be worth trying them ..

Not a 'storage' site as such ..

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Hi, newbie here - just getting into motor-homing

(I was gonna say #vanlife but I'm not sure that's quite what I mean... maybe it is...)

Anyhoo, my immediate concern is that all the storage sites around Ipswich seem fully booked. The nearest one I've found with space is 45 miles away!

I guess I probably want a CaSSOA-approved site for peace-of-mind and lower insurance??

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks!
From experience insurance is postcode loaded, irrespective of storage sites approvals.
Trying to find alternative but the storage site I'm currently using is in EN7 postcode risk 3 on 1-4 scale.
Insurance £700 loading vs storage in a risk 1 postcode.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Try woodfarm business centre at Stonham as mentioned. Reg is always adding new capacity.

Should add the convienience of having flo gas depot actually onsite makes use of bottled gas a breeze as you just pickup a new bottle as you leave if you have run out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
I store mine on a farm which as well as caravan and Motorhome storage they also keep horses and they run a few business units so lots of people around during the day and very secure at night with CCTV.
These places rarely advertise (for obvious reasons). I found them just by scanning with google maps. Worth a try you’ll be surprised how many storage sites there actually are.

OP
OP
R
Apr 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat
From experience insurance is postcode loaded, irrespective of storage sites approvals.
Trying to find alternative but the storage site I'm currently using is in EN7 postcode risk 3 on 1-4 scale.
Insurance £700 loading vs storage in a risk 1 postcode.
Interesting - that blows thing wide open...

OP
OP
R
Apr 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat
I store mine on a farm which as well as caravan and Motorhome storage they also keep horses and they run a few business units so lots of people around during the day and very secure at night with CCTV.
These places rarely advertise (for obvious reasons). I found them just by scanning with google maps. Worth a try you’ll be surprised how many storage sites there actually are.
Very interesting, thanks AG!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back